Sony Acquisitions | OT | Organic Sellers Market

Why on earth would capcom want to be acquired by sony or even ms for that matter?

Shareholders are just looking for a return, I don’t know why people get so hung up on that. The Twitter shareholders originally didn’t want to sell but money talks, they will just reinvest elsewhere.

1 Like

Twitter isn’t comparable. That has no effect on anyone.

If it was about Money MS would have bought Capcom years ago.

So now the Sony acquisition rumors have landed at them buying Cyberpunk and Steeet Fighter. No studios, no publishers, just those specific IP. For what internal studios that have experience on either game style, who knows :face_with_monocle:

I’m sure some of the biggest IPs from those respective studios are very cheap! Ask Microsoft for Halo as well I’m sure they’d happily part with it for a bargain

1 Like

no not for sale, just a licensing agreement akin to what they currently have with marvel

I could see that tbh

no not necessarily with the 2nd half, I could see Sony trying so it doesn’t get to that point with SE

I agree but I think some people ignore the fact they are a big company that can afford to buy shit just as much

I see KADOKAWA. I am honestly mixed with SE though, it wouldn’t shock me but I don’t think its close to a definite

I did say “not really the right chat about this anyway so if you want to continue this go to the other acquisition chat” to be fair

They are big enough to acquire studios, but nowhere near big enough to acquire publishers. I still think that their hard limit is 5b at a single purchase.

They cannot come to SE and say that let me buy you for 8b, but if somebody offers 10b you should still go with us.

I could see them spending a bit more like $8B but regardless I think them making a move on WB games is the most likely which probably wouldn’t even cost $5B unless the rights came with them

I am saying they would try before the amazon or google or facebook or MS or so on try to make a move on them

It looked like a good Sony fit

1 Like

Try what? They can annoynce intension to acquire but any company can gate crash it. Not to mention as we know from ABK - in case of offer CEO will just call another company to see if there is a bigger offer there.

I’m not sure Sony was interested. I think if they were going to pull the trigger it would have been after until dawn. They don’t seem interested in making those kind of games after walking away from supermassive and quantic dreams.

Still hoping that Sony acquires Ember Lab and Deviation Games at some point.

4 Likes

Should be a good sign, market leader was approved for an almost 4 billion dollar acquisition quick. Xbox should close on Activision this year and this paved the way for more acquisitions after.

3 Likes

So does this mean Sony is back on the table for further acquisition announcements ?

Not to say they can’t announce things while working on closing the Bungie deal. Just makes sense to not rock the boat with the FTC or any other parties with a purchase of significance.

If so who are we thinking? Ubi, Capcom, CDPR, me etc?

I wonder who Sonys next buy is. Jim has made it very clear they’re not done

I say none of these, It’s clear they want to be in the live service recurring revenue and heavy micro-transaction business. I think they will set their sights on Take Two

Square Enix

They are already developing 12 games with such concepts. Even the most greedy company will not increase this figure even more, because it is idiotic. And 90% of their live services will fail anyway, because that’s how the market works.

If they buy someone, then to close their other problems.

Where’s my video package?