So....who's going all digital next gen?

I’m nearly all digital, but like having the option of physical for a few odd edge cases (e.g. back compat games without digital listings, or just really good deals on disc titles). Also I do physical for Switch since Nintendo never discounts their games and I can get most of the value back / need an out if I don’t end up liking a $60-$90 game.

Honest question though - when people say digital games are more expensive, is it because they live in countries with bad pricing or something? Here in the US big digital sales are full of fantastic games in the $10-25 range.

Like, God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn were both just $10 on the Sony side, and right now on Xbox I just picked up the entire Dishonored 1+2+DLC w/ Prey bundle for $30. Or fill in with Odyssey for $15, Tales of Vesperia for $15, whatever. How much cheaper can physical be, realistically?

Save the planet. Go digital.

1 Like

Last retail game I bought was Total War Shogun 2 on PC. Admittedly on consoles there is still the incentive of trading and getting some value back, but as far as physical collections are concerned I simply don’t have the space or will to manage that anymore.

Yeah you always need to put the country address, personally I use a random McDonalds address is that region. When redeeming any gift cards you get redeem it on the xbox app with a VPN running.

1 Like

With game pass I’ll hardly buy that many games to be honest, like I always buy fifa which I get digital anyway, so might just be the odd game I get physical but it’ll be rare