So....who's going all digital next gen?

Been digital only since the late 360 generation. Only physical discs I have are bundle in games, gifts from family and limited editions that came with the order. My wife and i prefer digital because of the ease of being able to purchase via phone at work and be able to play it the moment we get home.

I’m already.

Personally, I would have no problem with that, I was never a big fan of collecting phisical games.

I love the midnight releases…sat at home…in me chair… already preloaded…hit the button and boom :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apart from the physical games I currently have, il be going full digital. I jump from game to game quite often and hate having to change discs.

The last physical copy of a game I brought was Mass Effect 3 on March 6, 2012. I have been all digital ever since and love it… 100% digital in the current gen… Will be 100% in the next.

Raises hand

Been there from the beginning of this gen and will continue staying digital.

Already did the switch on xbone day one. Still converting my 360 library to digital where available though, but everything new is 100% digital

I have a set-up with a friend of mine, where we set each others Xbox as our ‘home’ Xbox, so any digital games we purchase are available on both machines, this halves the price of any digital games, and also means only one of us needs Gamepass - it really is a steal.

When you add in the excellent Xbox digital sales they have held recently, I’ve not bought a disc for probably 3 years, although family members still prefer to buy games physically as presents, rather than hand over a code

I’m going against the tide and say that as long as I can still buy physical, I’ll do it. I mean, I do have exceptions. Game Pass is one - I won’t buy physical games if I can get the digital game in a subscription. But, for example, Sony’s first-party this year I bought physical because some retailers in my country have a 15% discount on pre-orders. The RRP for games here is 70 euros, and I like buying games I’m excited for day one, so with the 15% discount that comes around to about 60 euros. If I buy 6 games this way, I save enough for another game… Digital is convenient, no doubt, but the wallet speaks higher, I guess, aha…

Started 100% digital at the beginning of this gen. I figured both versions of the game have to be installed and a good way to go Green. Just thinking about it, the most data I used with my IP(Wide Open West) who, thank god, still dont have a data cap, was during the BIG fuckin holiday with Rise of the Tomb Raider/Halo 5 etc, anyeways, all those new games and I ended up getting some games on sale, around 3 TB I used…lol!

Been all digital since the beginning of the Xbox One gen. Now with game pass I buy less games so definitely sticking with all gen when I pick up a Series X.

Won’t go 100%, but I’ve been 60-40 in favor of digital for a while now. I get far too many deals on physical games that I don’t think I’ll ever fully switch all digital.

Definitely for “service” type games, like Forza Halo and so on.

I’m already all-digital - the drive on the PS4 made that choice for me with it’s terrible acoustics when playing games. The sound of the drive plus the fans …

Well considering you can buy cheaper games from other regions with your main account I’m more than happy to go all digital now, got Avengers preordered digitally for £30 which is better than the £60 in the UK store.

Can I ask how you did that? When I tried to buy from the US site they wanted a US address to complete, wouldn’t accept a UK address

I’ve been pretty much all-digital for Xbox since they added BC early in the gen. The few physical games I have I’m slowly replacing with digital copies when they go on sale. My PS4 collection has been mostly physical but I will probably transition to digital once their BC comes better into focus.

1 Like

I’ve been all-digital since the start of this gen.

I would be okay going all digital, but I definitely will pickup tons of physical games cheap on sale/clearance.

Been pretty much all digital already. Have two Xbox’s. One upstairs and one downstairs. Game share between the two. Upstairs is home console. So everyone in the family can access all my games without me being logged in. Then I can log in downstairs and have access to all my games. Simultaneously. It’s literally like buying two copies for the same price as we can play the same game on each Xbox simultaneously. That’s something you can never do with physical. It’s a convenience that once you experience you just can’t go back.