So, how many other Xbox players were old Sega fans?

yeah thats me. Made sense to transition to xbox.

The Sega Genesis is my favorite console thanks to Sega Channel. Having that was awesome!

Funny how Game Pass is like it’s spiritual successor

Me.

MS should buy SEGA from Sammy.

1 Like

Never realised so many started with the Master System. Always thought I was the only one.

Most of my earliest gaming memories are with the Master System.

1 Like

Also started with the Sega master system :slight_smile:

I started with the NES as a kid, but changed to SEGA with the Genesis. I ended up with a PS1 and Saturn, loved both. Then I was all in on Dreamcast till it died an early death and went to Xbox. All the SEGA games on it made the transition super easy for me.

Nope, plenty of old gamers from Australia (or other PAL regions) love Xbox and are here too! :laughing:

I distinctly remember getting the choice between a NES and a master system, and I also remember it not being a real choice… Sega was the way to go with my group of friends. If you had a NES there was maybe one or two other kids in the school yard you could swap games with, but tens times that number had Sega.

Favourite game for me was “Dana the Jungle Fighter”. A side scrolling action adventure game.

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man:

I owned both Sega Master System and Genesis back in day. Phantasy Star was amazing. Also Sword of Vermilion and Golvelius.

Amen

After the first 5 minutes of playing Zillion on the SMS and, of course, all the great arcade titles, I was hooked on Sega. And when I was able to play JSRF and Shenmue on the OG Xbox, it just felt like that was where it was heading.

I wish they would partner up again. I’d definitely triple dip some Persona 4 for the bestbox!

I wish we could get Dreamcast BC games on Xbox Series X :stuck_out_tongue: won’t ever happen, but man I would be in heaven with that… or Saturn even.

1 Like

Haha, Same here. My Sega Master System came packed with “Altered Beast”.

I too started with the Sega Master System Iol. I sure remember those distinctive boxes, although I only really remember playing Psycho Fox on it. I then moved over to the Sega Mega Drive and played the usual suspects on that console.

I, however, did what a lot of people did and moved over to the PlayStation, so the Mega Drive was my last Sega console.

The first game I ever played was Sonic the hedgehog on a Sega genesis :’)

Yep, day one Saturn owner and I have some really rare treasures from that system! I went to see the Dreamcast display (inside Epcot) at Disney World during my honeymoon.

1 Like

I had some really rare Saturn games but sold them a while back. Really wish I hadn’t because trying to find a copy of Shining Wisdom is pretty difficult without spending well North of $100.

IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE FREE HIDDEN SNAIL GAME

This was pretty much the same for me. I had a PS2 after getting the Xbox but the Xbox was my main platform until the PS4. The PS2 just wasn’t as revolutionary to me after gaming so much on the DC. Games like MGS2 and FFX impressed and I loved them but Halo CE and Panzer Dragoon Orta were special to me on a whole different level.

Ha I did the same. I had Panzer 1, 2, Saga, 3 dirty dwarves, Shining Force 3, Bomberman Netlink edition, etc. and sold it all for $200. What a bone head move that was. I’ve purchased a Saturn again a few years ago and started building up my collection again but it’s been painful on the wallet to say the least.

1 Like

Mine had Alex Kidd built in, good times!

1 Like

Yup, after the Dreamcast the Xbox felt like the natural move for me after that.