So, how many other Xbox players were old Sega fans?

I had a Genesis, SegaCD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast and XBOX. To be fair I also had a NES, SNES, N64, PS1.

Mega Drive kid and Saturn teen here! :wave:

Of course Iā€˜ve got a Dreamcast and after that the Xbox was like @Shpeshal_Nick mentioned the natural progression.

Iā€™ve never owned a Sega console, but I was a fan of Sega arcade games, and Genesis and Dreamcast emulation on PC, so kind of.

Ī™ love sega! My first console was sega mega drive,I also had sega saturn and dreamcast.

Another one here, all the way back to the Master System days.

Yup owned the Genesis, 32x, and the SEGA CD. Then owned the Dreamcast. Xbox was the next extension. Need a new dynamite cop still!

Yeah I had the Master System then Mega Drive, then got the Dreamcast. Went straight to OG xbox after that and itā€™s been my main console since.

The Genesis and Dreamcast are two of my favorite consoles ever, so add another to the list. Panzer Dragoon Orta, JSRF, Shenmue 2, among others, were all reasons I picked up the Xbox. Oh, and Halo :innocent:

That picture in the op brings back memories. I never really preferred sega over Nintendo, I loved them both.

I was a the hardest of hardcore Sega fan. Owned every platform except the Nomad and CDX.

Bought Xbox primarily because Sega was a big early supporter. That Sega GT/JSRF disc was like mana in my veins. GUNVALKYRIE, Otogi, Shenmue II, Panzer Dragoon Orta? It was like Segaā€™s last, brilliant gasp of the ā€œOld Segaā€.

Been with Xbox ever since even if Sega kinda been giving them the short shrift.

2 Likes

I went N64 > Dreamcast - PS2 - 360 - PS3 - X1 - PS4 - XSX - PS4 PRO.

My sister had a megadrive which I liked. The dreamcast was a great machine and im glad i got one even though I was peer pressured into getting one, I dont regret that he did so.

Yep, Sega Mega Drive, Dreamcast then Xbox

Haā€¦yup

I started with phantasy star on Master system (first sega system anyhow).

1 Like

:raised_hand:

Sega Genesis was my GOAT. Iā€™d say the Sega Master system was an underrated gem however. I remember going to a friendā€™s house and seeing Phantasy Star for the first time. Thought I was looking at the next evolution of gaming. Eventually my brother would get one for his birthday and there was great content on that machine.

OG Xbox is my close #2 and the early years were largely carried by the promises of Sega with the likes of JFRF and Panzer Dragoon.

2 Likes

Oh man, my buddy had a master system and I was floored how much better it seemed than my NES. It just didnā€™t get nearly the same amount of support.

Master System was my first ever console

Iā€™ve had ever Sega console loved my Sega Saturn.

When Sega folded as a console maker Xbox was the obvious choice.

2 Likes

Over here!

:bosmanright:

Had a master system back in early high school then didnā€™t get another Sega till the Dreamcast. Really wanted a Saturn for Sega Rally and Nights but never ended up getting one. Was an Xbox fan since day 1 Halo.

The only Sega console that I owned was the Dreamcast which I thought was a fantastic console, arguably even ahead of its time

There was JRPG called Grandia 2 which I freaking adored.

2 Likes