SHOWDOWN! The XGS & Bethesda Community IP Battle

A single elimination bracket between some of the XGS & Bethesda IP. Let’s see if we can finish this one without fighting over it :slight_smile:

I didn’t seed any IP, so hearts will be broken. Though the first round doesn’t seem too bad.

THE FIRST ROUND:

• Age of Empires
  • Doom

0 voters

• Conker
  • Halo

0 voters

• Wolfenstein
  • Battletoads

0 voters

• Fallout
  • Gears of War

0 voters

• Ghostwire: Tokyo
  • Quake

0 voters

• Banjo-Kazooie
  • Killer Instinct

0 voters

• Project Gotham Racing
  • Minecraft

0 voters

• The Outer Worlds
  • Flight Simulator

0 voters

• Prey
  • State of Decay

0 voters

• The Evil Within
  • Grounded

0 voters

• Fable
  • Dishonored

0 voters

• Perfect Dark
  • Wasteland

0 voters

• Starfield
  • Avowed/Pillars of Eternity

0 voters

• The Elder Scrolls
  • Commander Keen

0 voters

• Ori
  • Sea of Thieves

0 voters

• Forza (Horizon & Motorsport)
  • Deathloop

0 voters

13 Likes

Yes. I was bored.

9 Likes

That Banjo versus KI was evil…still voted for Banjo! :stuck_out_tongue: -__-

4 Likes

Three seeds in the first round are painful I think. Gears versus Fallout, Ori versus SoT and KI versus Banjo. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The first two were really easy for me. Gears and Ori all the way baby (never played a Fallout game and SoT is not my kind of game)! :philwins:

2 Likes

Those didn’t bother me at all. Voted Gears, Ori, Banjo without hesitation or hint of regret.

For me the heartbreaking ones were Fable/Dishonored, Starfield/Avowed, and Elder Scrolls/Keen. The latter two were easy votes, but I still regretted not being able to throw some support behind Avowed and Keen.

The Fable/Dishonored matchup was traumatizing though. I don’t want to talk about it.

3 Likes

Fucking Grounded is winning against The Evil Within?

Looking at the Fallout Vs Gears vote, let’s me think there is no chance any Zenimax IP is going to make it very far.

1 Like

I am not responsible for any hurt caused by these polls.

3 Likes

Don’t know about that. I’d put money on the final matchup being Halo vs either Elder Scrolls or Starfield.

Love TEW but I understand why people would prefer Grounded :skull:

I can’t help but feel like the Minecraft/PGR vote will split almost perfectly based on the age of the voter. The average Minecraft player being too young to have really played much PGR, and the average PGR player being too old to have experienced Minecraft at an age were it will have much impact.

Although I’m sure there’s exceptions to both scenarios.

The only hard choice for me was Dishonored vs fable . Tho the next round is going to be a bloodbath .

1 Like

Dishonored easy choice. Fable was never that good :wall_peek:

Also, lmao

2 Likes

lmao

Lol at Starfield beating out Pillars. Can’t agree with that because Starfield is a concept and Pillars is a duology coming up on trilogy. Ask me after Avowed and Starfield release.

6 Likes

I really, really love Fable 2, but Dishonored was an easy choice. Playground could change that, especially if Dishonored stays dormant (god I hope not).

Pretty sure Avowd is also a concept to many here because they didn’t play PoE lol

1 Like

Lol, fair enough. Yeah, Pillars is an interesting one. I love the lore and worldbuilding of what I’ve played/read into, but the visual noisy combat put me off. I cannot follow what the fuck is happening.

Pretty much expect Fable to be a great game but I don’t expect it to give me the immersive sim gameplay fantasy that Dishonored gives me.

1 Like

Wow.

I completely forgot Psychonauts.

(and plenty of other IP)