Should Xbox give Kamiya and Platinum another crack at Scalebound?

The idea seem pretty cool but the actual implementation seems a little dated. The main hero looks like someone from MTV in 1990’s.

1 Like

When Tencent invests like they did with Platinum has it inevitably moved to acquisition, or is it more about funding a particular project for returns?

No

1 Like

Mostly hardware problems

I never felt anything but ambivalence for scalebound, so happy enough to let it die

1 Like

No. Scalebound looked like shit, ran like shit and played like shit. Bottom line is that it was shit. Plus, Platinum IS overrated. They haven’t even evolved their visuals since 360/PS3. Playing through Nier Automata which is a great game but holy hell, does it bland and outdated as fuck. Combat was good and story was fine but being forced to play through the game multiple times to get the real ending or some such shit is a no go for me. Let Scalebound rest in peace where it belongs.

And this doesn’t even take into account the rumors of Platinum using the money Microsoft gave them for Scalebound towards Nier Automata. Platinum spreads themselves way too thin and their games are literally 50/50 in regards to being good/bad. No thanks.

1 Like

I hope it does come back honestly, would be a huge coup from MS honestly. Phil, if you are reading this, please don’t let it die!

Man I really should of made a poll lol

Agree with this. I don’t really see a reason why they shouldn’t get another chance. From what people say there isn’t any bad blood between Xbox and Platinum and if there were Kamiya would have aired that out on Twitter lol

No. Yes (but it was early, not concerned). No. No. And, no definitely not.

That won’t be happening.

1 Like

i know people really don’t like hearing it, but this game looked and sounded dumb from its first showing

it feels like the equivalent of the ideal homer automobile but in videogame form,

1 Like

No, scalebound was a stupid concept. A dragon game with a headphone wearing dude bro was just completely stupid and every showing of the game was bad.

2 Likes

This was confirmed false by a former Platinum employee, just saying.:slight_smile:

Let it die ffs. I was hoping for a spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon Saga… We got Beats by Dre McDudebro.

Honestly, the whole thing feels like a giant troll.

I mean, people could say the same thing about other aspects of other Platinum games… Even the good ones.:slight_smile:

Perhaps. I do believe that there’s a lot more to the entire story than what we know. Either way, I wouldn’t waste my money or time with Platinum Games. But that’s just me.

3 Likes

I think they have a solid enough track record to be worth looking into. Brad Sams (iirc) mentioned he thinks they were approached by Microsoft at some point.

Idk, NieR Automata is also my favorite game of all time too, so I’m a bit biased.

I remember every trailer shown many were down on the game, but as soon as it was cancelled it became beloved. Anyways, I would give them another shot because better to have it in development than dormant. However, I’m unsure if I can trust Platinum to focus on it because they always have too much on their plate imo

I played and completed Nier Automata. Great 8.5/10 game for me. I do believe that they have some great games but also an equal amount of bad games. Babylon’s Fall also looks to have the same exact combat and visually, looks bland and dull. Like, they need to up their visuals like BGS needs to create a brand new engine. lol