Shinobi on ERA: "[Xbox] Stuff that was planned for this month pushed to next month."

It will be fine. Gamecore will be done soon and conversion from Series X to Lockhart will be darn easy after. Most in the world play in 1080p anyway so next gen but affordable will be the key.

Have to laugh when you think about it - we are perhaps less than three months from launch and we don’t know, price, day 1 launch games or even what SKUs will be available!

HAHA.

This cat and mice game is hilarious too me

Shot in the dark but I firmly believe (with legitimately zero inside knowledge or any way to support this belief) that this delay will bring a wide scale community test for infinite.

I think Microsoft knows it will be huge if this coincides with the series x launch and perhaps the extra time is going to be used to crunch the numbers and ensure its possible before they announce it.

Wishful thinking I know lol

Not wishful thinking at all. Depending how long the delay is for it does potentially put a public flighting program back on the table.

Already Microsoft cancelled Xbox 20/20 and reconfirmed it’s because the plan is changed. So nothing special to read in his coment.

Personally, I think the best place to reveal Series S & “new IP” inthe opening of gamscom night were the whole gamers around the world watching the event.

1 Like

Can’t wait for it. I feel like they are going to really drop the mic on that one!

Oh MS don’t care about that. No matter what Xbox does, they will never win the hardware sales race against Sony. The market share and mind share is insurmountable. The best MS could hope for is regaining the UK back from Sony and getting close to an even split in Europe, NA and SA.

They will care to an extent, whether they’re in competition or not, Microsoft won’t want to miss the holiday period for launch, even if Sony weren’t also launching the PS5 at the same time.

If they wanted to fight over consoles sales, they can easily dominate that sector. There are a million things they could do to accomplish this which are all well withing their corporate capabilities. The reason they aren’t is because that is a foolish goal that is almost a decade outdated by now. The real money is to lock down the future, not the past.

1 Like