Shinobi on ERA: "[Xbox] Stuff that was planned for this month pushed to next month."

Has it been confirmed that it’s the game pass publisher deal news that’s been pushed until September?

After the Halo news, this is something expected. If they originaly planned something for the next 2 weeks, whatever they say would have been brought back to “but Halo…”. Better give some time for everyone to swallow the Halo delay pill before starting to talk about anything else.

this is great, I’m sure they are planning some good things soon

1 Like

Xbox seriously needs something to win a part of the conversation and comparison lists this holiday and that thing is the price and Game Pass. They cant risk announcing the price first and Sony undercutting them. Just have a steady flow of news to build up some hype and wait for Sony to announce the price, even it its the day before launch day. Xbox announcing a lower price directly after Sonys announcement will make A LOT of headlines.

1 Like

I saw Xbox’s operating cost was double the Playstation’s so maybe this means they have some moneyhat planned to counter Halo Infinite being delayed.

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I remember… If I’m not mistaken… They had 3 shows… May June n July… N they pushed back June to August… I may be wrong but it’s wat I remember… I’m expecting a sneak surprise because they can really use it

Would be great if they release the system with hellblade 2…or even… Cyberpunk day 1 gamepass :open_mouth:

Hellblade 2 is most likely years away… 2022 earliest imo.

& I can’t see the biggest release of the year launching on game pass, It would probably cost more than it is worth, maybe launch on game pass when the series x enhancements are done.

It would potentially bring in lots of new subs and give people a reason to buy a series x. (depending how substantial the enhancements are)

1 Like

Yea… Sadly I also think hellblade is that far away… And we’ll… I’m sure eventhough Xbox would have to literaly drive trucks of gold bars to CD projekt red, it would be a huge impact… That’s… One of the very few things I think they can do to erase the impact of the Halo problem… Btw remember a few months ago when there was alot of rumors about cyberpunk being on Gamepass day 1? Then the devs denied it… Maybe now the deal makes more sense

Have to say I really like Shinobi. Always fair and his excitement for the things he likes is infectious.

Cyberpunk would be great but I think its impossible. People have already preordered it and it might backfire.

Phil probably wants to capture US and UK back so what other games are huge for those markets?

Maybe it’s Batman, because WB needs money and a huge moneyhat could be enticing. Not to mention it will solve the Spider-man question!

3 Likes

Well if there was rumors for my game coming free to game pass (despite the fact it isn’t) I would deny it too and be pretty annoyed about it too in all honesty, as it can absolutely kill sales for the game.

They would have to kill these rumors quick, because it can negatively effect sales, like with control on xbox and people are still asking when it is coming to game pass. (but it’s Christmas sales were effectively killed on xbox due to the widespread rumor)

2 Likes

Shinobi is great guy. Would love him to be here and teasing us with news.

I don’t expect any major news for Gamescom. Aoe3, gears tactics, Wasteland 3, tell me why and some indie games would be my guess.

Not confirmed, not that I know of.

Getting real tired of COVID and this game of chicken with Sony.

They really gonna drop price, release date and launch lineup 7 weeks before launch lol?

Don’t forget they have to market their secret Xbox console too. Right now nobody knows what it does or how it stacks up in comparison to the Series X.

Which makes me think Series S isn’t launching with Series X. May be a spring launch or wait for Halo Infinite.

What? Hellblade 2 is absolutely nowhere near…its not launching even this time next year.

The only way Cyberpunk is in gamepass day one is if Phil writes a humongous cheque. But what is the point - it wouldn’t help the console launch because people can still play the same game on One X - its next gen patch isn’t for a while…

I agree, but I think that will be a bad idea. By the time it launches the PS5 will be over 10 million units and be the leader by a wide margin. They would be basically skipping Christmas and Black Friday and giving the PS5 a head start.

Like…this is tiring…