Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II – Official Trailer | The Game Awards 2023

11 Likes
8 Likes

I really have to get off my ass and play the first one before this releases. I wasn’t really all that pumped about this game after the footage they showed at last year’s TGA, but this trailer looks like it could be fun. Certainly got gobsmacking graphics.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting that.

I think it is really worth it. The game is quite short so it will not take a lot of your time and the combat is pretty similar to what you have seen in the trailer. Last thing, use headphones :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve heard that, but I’m too much of a wuss I think. I don’t take unsettling or creepy games well. But I’ll keep it in mind.

4 Likes

I beat Hellblade back in 2020 thinking that 2 would be a l 2021 game lmao, I still have one achievement left to get too, I should definitely beat it again before 2 comes out.

Thank god this was not another mo-cap trailer. It was bloody, gory and tense. I have full faith in Hellblade 2 and Ninja Theory’s capabilities.

5 Likes

This looked great and the video quality was not great at all. At home I’ll watch the whole thing in 4K. No concrete date yet, wonder if it will be before E3 or after.

Why some people think combat looks bad? It actually looks realistic, which is what they are aiming for in the first place. People think combat nowadays has to be devil may cry or God of War.

4 Likes

I agree. I even liked the combat in the first one so I don’t understand why people are criticizing it.

4 Likes

For those wondering about the band Heilung, In Maidjan was the song that was used in the first Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 trailer.

4 Likes

I had never heard of them before but that became one of my most listened to songs the year after that trailer came out

Hopefully the lack of release date is more because MS wants to reveal that at their own Developer Direct type event early in 2024.

MS first party is currently groaning under the weight of announced games, so they definitely have enough to show for an early 2024 event.

The question is, does it always have to be first party? I’d be happy if they mixed up 1st party deep dives with one or two third party games coming to Gamepass. Just to spotlight some third parties and showcase Gamepass.

January/February Developer Direct

1. Hellblade 2 - gameplay and release date
  2. Towerborne - gameplay and release date
  3. Still Wakes the Deep - gameplay and release date
  4. Harold Halibut - gameplay and release date
  5. Some kind of COD update - introducing a COD studio to the world but also some kind of MW3 seasonal launch.

They could even use a DD to do a Halo Infinite update.

This so much ahead of God Of War in my book not for just for character modelling but also real human like expressions it’s on a whole new level.

1 Like

It’s got people thinking this will get downgraded. Because “no way this can be Series X”

Ninja Theory did a great job then.

1 Like

Let me guess the PlayStation fans on Neo Gaf? Even Neo Gaf deep down knows XBox just killed it at the TGA .

4 Likes

Looks graphically insane.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly that place.

1 Like

I thought so LOL