Sega rumours surfacing again

I have no firsthand knowledge, but Wikipedia says Sega bought them in 2013

Sega owns them but lets atlus operate completely independent. They publish their own games

1 Like

that’s strange. Sega seems friendly towards xbox while atlus seem to ignore xbox.

2 Likes

After series S Easter egg behind Phil during an online interview - we have all the rights to speculate stuff out of the tweets now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I mean I don’t believe it…but after yesterday? All bets are off.

4 Likes

Doubtful but getting the rest of the Yakuza games and Persona 4 and 5 on Game Pass would be NUTS

2 Likes

This is the largest take with a pinch of salt rumour you can ever get. I highly doubt that they will be buying Sega if ever.

I can see a gamepass deal being made instead though.

1 Like

The strangest thing is that the blue controller is now official. Ms is having 3 default colors. One matching SX, the other matching SS and the other matching what?

Same. A acquisition is very unlikely, but a strategic partnership is certainly within the realm of possibility.

3 Likes

Is anyone making a tokyo game show megathread?

Would love for there to be a thread to keep track off.

A Sega themed Xbox in Japan?

1 Like

Maybe a Game Pass deal?

I hope it is for GP, gosh I finished Yakuza Kiwami 2 last Monday and I have Yakuza 7 already pre-ordered so I really wanna play Yakuza 3-6 and Judgment before playing that.

That blue colored controller cannot be a coincidence. Some kind of partnership is likely

1 Like

Yakuza 3-6 would probably released after Y7. They don’t want to oversaturate the market with too much Yakuza games 2 month before their biggest Yakuza.

1 Like

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SGAMY/

I mean…Sega Sammy Corporation has a 3.1 billion market cap so they wouldn’t be as expensive as Bethesda

:thinking:

1 Like

It’s not a question of being able to afford it, but Sega Sammy has a load of divisions that Microsoft would find redundant. It is honestly far more reasonable to expect a partnership rather than an outright purchase.

Two green glasses. Black and white spoons, and Sonic.

Exclusive Sonic game coming to Xbox?

1 Like

Xbox fans are crazy. After the hidden XSS everyone is searching for clues for the next big announcement. Love it.

1 Like

Even if it’s not an acquisition, at this point it’s guaranteed MS and Sega have struck a deal on something, I have a feeling the news is going to drop at TGS, but just imagine the timeline of MS buying both Bethesda and Sega lol

1 Like

Grean glass - xbox
Black straw - series x
White straw - series s

Haha, I’m very curious what this partnership could mean, it would be insane/odd for all these potential hints/coindences are all for nothing.

Especially after the controller matching the Sega logo colours etc.