Seagate announces 2TB and 512GB Xbox Series Storage Expansion Cards

I can’t either. I mean by the end of this gen I can easily see myself getting a 1TB but honestly 1TB is enough for the games I play. The biggest gsme I have installed is tales of arise at 40 odd gigs

I haven’t 100% FH4 yet and it’ll still be part of my friends playlists. I like having ability to play any game I want at any time because I never know what my friends or myself will be up for.

2 Likes

You’re probably one of those guys who has 50 eXternal drives hooked up to his PC don’t you…admit it.

Either way looks like you should invest in Google Stadia.

I get cloudgaming now!

1 Like

No. Main PC has 1 SSD.

Now my fileserver … it only has 24 TBs in a parity protected spinner array, using 4 8TB drives. The next drive maintenance will likely cut it down to 3 drives of 16 TB a piece for 32 TB of usable storage.

You give really bad advice. Why would anyone invest in something already in the Google Graveyard? Let alone someone with GamePass Ultimate out to 2024.

1 Like

Geez they’re gunna have to do something about those prices, I’m scared to look at the AU pricing but going off the U.S it’d be more than a series s for 2 tb.

I was joking. You said you wanted to play the games you want at anytime. Cloud gaming is for you.

They can’t do much. They aren’t going to flog them off to people and make a huge loss on them. Believe it or not they probably cost a shit ton to make. They’re small they’re proprietary and have fast speed for non internal drive.

The so called ps5 drives aren’t much cheaper. Not the ones that work. Fast Ssd is expensive period.

But I’ve said many times. You don’t need one. For the price is irrelevant. Just focus on using space better.

1 Like

Still too expensive for me, I will wait till the exclusivity deal ends with Seagate and see what other companies bring out.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, I haven’t had any issues with space so far so it’s really not a big deal, I just like bitching about the price.

I went with the 1tb for my series S, when I saw the announcement for the 2tb I was a bit annoyed but definitely can’t justify it in my head at that price. 512 would work pretty decent too for a lot of people.

People bitched about the consoles being 500 too at some point. Certainly PRe pandemic. Now in hindsight…both Sony and MS could have gotten away with 600 dollar systems.

2 Likes