Seagate announces 2TB and 512GB Xbox Series Storage Expansion Cards

Cool they also ship the 2TB version. Not surprised by the prices. Not more expensive than any other NVME SSD on the market

If there is consistency in saleā€¦ The 512 version will also go on sale to justify price

The 2tb is to much money for me, hope it comes down in price at some point, if it does Iā€™ll pick it up, as my 1TB card is full and Iā€™m having to shuffle stuff around since my internal drive is almost full

What they really need is a hub adapter so I can plug in multiple expansion cards at the same time instead of getting up to hot swap and then waiting for games to update

1 Like

Ill wait for price drop on that 2 TB

It really is the limiting factor of this gen. I was used to have so many games running on a cheap HDD, but I have to manage my storage much more these days. I think my 1TB storage expansion card was a good investment. Itā€™s just that I canā€™t have all the games I want installed at all time. Hopefully, prices will go down in the next year or so.

3 Likes

Yeah, the micromanagement of games is definitely annoying. ā€œWhich disc did I put game Y on and how do I fit it on the internal? Which game(s) have to move out?ā€ Blergh

3 Likes

I vaulted Destiny2 to make room for FH5.

Hereā€™s my current storage breakout. I donā€™t need more storage, but I wish I had that 2TB NVME.

• 81.0% full - 800GB NVME
  • 72.7% full - 920GB NVME
  • 49.8% full - 1.9 TB SSD
  • 33.1% full - 3.6 TB SSD
1 Like

I like things to be simple, so internal is for all first party games and expansion card is for third party at the moment. I hope Iā€™ll have some room for both FH5 and Halo Infinite !! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha, yeah itā€™s like a game of Tetris sometimes. ā€œIf I move this 57GB game and this 22 one I can fit this 63GB game on the internal, but then I have to do it in steps because thereā€™s not enough room on the second drive, so I should also move game Z firstā€ā€¦

Iā€™m uninstalling FH4 to fit FH5ā€¦ Whilst it makes sense, I would probably have kept 4 on to revisit at times if I had the space. Sad.

Halo I donā€™t knowā€¦ I just have to clear a bunch of games when that chonk comes in.

2 Likes

People uninstalling FH4 to install FH5.

5 Likes

Lol. This is me. I had to uninstall 4 to make way for 5.

2 Likes

My pc hard drive literally brimming at the tip rn due to RDR2, Mass Effect Collection, Prey, Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, Psychonauts 2, and half a dozen others I donā€™t remember yet none of which I wanna uninstall cuz I wanna get through them one by one :sob:

FH4 died so RDR2 could come in. Now I donā€™t know what to do. :tired_face:

Lmao, just what I did. Same thingā€™s gonna happen with the MCC when Infinite is available for pre-load.

2 Likes

NVME SSD prices are really rough, anything Gen4 is big bucks and hasnā€™t gone down much at all lately. Something highly performant with a dram cache is big money. Add in having a CFExpress connector letting you hot swap it and $400 is a lot of money, but not crazy.

2 Likes

Ever since the xbox ssd became available you can tell people have no idea about the type of tech these consoles use when they say they are overpriced ā€¦ they arent lol.

1 Like

Yeah, I think theyā€™re partnering with Seagate to try and keep it as low cost as possible. ā€œCompetitionā€ in this space is normally really good expensive ones, then a bunch of cheap knock-offs missing basic features that perform like crap for lower prices.

4 Likes

Consumer friendly options for the fastest console SSD on the market. Very cool.

Hoooo boy that 2TB option is gonna set me back lol

1 Like

Expensive but expected.

I donā€™t need an expansion anyway. Iā€™m very picky with what I play and install so I probably wonā€™t need one for a while