S.t.a.l.k.e.r. 2

Going to be so much more of this in 2022 as well, “Year of the Delay: The Sequel”

7 Likes

Don’t understand the Xbox is dry stuff. They’re giving you a minimum of 6 games every month. Only going by exclusives is kind of ridiculous.

6 Likes

Yep another dry first half of the year, but while it sucks, it’s not a surprise, and it looks like it’ll be the last dry half year for Xbox in a long time.

This scares me a bit (just a bit) for Redfall and Starfield, i really hope they make it in time, specially the second one.

And finally, this can be mitigated if we get some kind of “X0” show this January-February announcing a couple things and showing some stuff like Redfall or these AA exclusive games that might come this year while leaving Forza (not so sure it’ll come this year tho) and Starfield for E3 , sadly i don’t expect anything until E3, except maybe Bethesda showing Redfall somehow, but not early this year.

What the hell, oh boy. I wasn’t aware of this at all. I knew about the first game and it’s troubles, but not the sequel. This is starting to remind me of Scorn, Jesus.

Nah, it’s not exclusives, it’s about a balance between smaller and bigger games. There’s still a lot of older but big games that have yet to see Game Pass.

1 Like

I like how the date in the image is a different font from the rest of copy lol

2 Likes

I just re-read your post and I think I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you meant that subcriptions made exclusives irrelevant, when it is the opposite.

Exclusives tend to be very good content though, and that is why most of us cares about them not because others can’t play them. It’s the whole reason I have a PS f.e.

This might come as a shock, but not everyone is a console warrior, or view things as black and white as you seem to assume.

1 Like

I’m shocked! :wink:

No, I know most people aren’t console warriors. I do think the discourse around video games have made us appreiciate exclusivity more than we should. I remember the discussions when Microsoft decided to put their games on PC. I do not believe their games have become worse because of it.

No, and noone normal has or had a problem with Xbox games being released on PC. I just feel it’s a bit strawmanny to throw these things out there all the time here.

1 Like

just a day? That’d be the first of its kind in Gamepass history haha

The thing is that the current market and for the foreseeable future, the concept of letting go exclusives is not only impossible to apply, but actually brand damaging, so it’s a no-go for starters and yes, it also has consequences for end users like us, because corps invest less when they are doing bad and it starts a bad cycle of events (ie: X1 generation). IDK why it’s so controversial to admit exclusives do matter and they matter big time in entertainment. The ultimate proof is that outside pr speech, Xbox went the hard way with Bethesda and rightly so.

4 Likes

Nobody is saying we need 6 exclusives to start the year.

Since this is real, I guess my take is the usual one: take the time you need to finish the game, I’ll probably still be around when it does come out. I was gonna check it out mostly out of curiosity so this isn’t some terrible blow. I hope MS feel they have to make up for the gap this creates by putting some neato games on GP.

1 Like

Maybe AoE4 console version can make it out by 1H 2022? That’s an AAA first party exclusive title and is a well known gaming franchise.

Its took The Flight Sim xbox version almost a year to come to xbox after PC. but Gears Tactics was only like 6 months. So there is a chance.

Eh tbh Flight Sim is a more demanding game to bring over.

Yeah, Gears Tactics was a strange no-day one concurrent release, it’s plenty of turn-based tactics games with concurrent and also multiplatform release.

AOE4 require more work, for gears the foundation of xcom style game already there on console, AOE 4 was designed for PC first unlike Halo wars which was designed for console in first place

Disappointing that the game is delayed but if GSC Gameworld needs more time, they should take more time. I would have preferred mid/late January 2023 instead of December since I will probably still be getting through the Fall 2022 games. We’ll see if it actually releases in December.

We have dozens of upcoming games for subscription, and exclusive blockbusters like starfield,forza motosport,stalker2,crossfire,redfall,deathloop and maybe pentiment are all scheduled in 2022. These are facts indeed. But Xbox has to compete with sony, this is what´s happenning and people cannot just say“ let xbox be their own”. The competition is always there. Another fact, though difficult to admit, is that Sony has exclusives including gt7,Babylon,horizon 2,forspoken,ghostwire in the next 6 months. For now, Xbox doesn’t have enough big news or stuff for such competition in q1& q2.

1 Like

Again, I know gamepass will and definitely will add good things continually, and I know lines-up for holiday season would be huge. So I am not concerned by a boring spring. But saying first half looks good for Xbox compared with sony´s aggressive schedule, might be too optimistic.