S.t.a.l.k.e.r. 2

This isn’t being defensive. Do you people get what that word means? You say “the first half is lacking” and I list a ton of games confirmed for the service that may or may not come in the 1st half. The point is we don’t know what the first half will be. We are 12 days into this year, we have zero clue what it will end up being.

3 Likes

More than two weeks of a gap, I’m sure it’ll be fine. It’s not like Dying Light 2 launching a day before Halo Infinite.

1 Like

Yes we have zero clue, and that’s why people are upset, that’s just it, it’s fair.

1 Like

Its really weird to be upset about something you really know nothing about.

1 Like

This doesn’t work, R6 is coming out a full month before, isn’t a first party game, and they don’t have to put out anything against anyone. Sony doesn’t care when other games are coming out, they put theirs out when they’re ready to go. They don’t say "oh no “other company’s AAA title X” is scheduled here we can’t release here!

3 Likes

I’m fine with people saying they don’t like the games slated for H1 so far. But the urge to talk about droughts and even comparing with Sony… I truly do not understand it. It’s January 12.

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me to update this article. :joy:

1 Like

Incorrect… the extra funding that first party studios such as obsidian get under Xbox is night and day compared to when they were independent.

Avowed is being developed as a project solely because they were acquired.

1 Like

That is fine if you think that, for me there’s not really much before 11.11.22 that looks very hot.

My point was something else entirely though; this thread could have gone in a couple of different directions, now we are arguing because you decided to assume everyone was “concerned” and went in with the attitude right from the beginning. I can only speak for myself, but I think these things can be talked about, joked about and discussed without always assuming everyone is acting in bad faith.

I leave for a 30 minute meeting and come back to this.

Sheesh

1 Like

We live in real world and exclusives are not going away with subs, on the contrary are more and more every day.

1 Like

Because people have expectations, it isn’t rocket science.

Let me tell you a secret some people only have one console to enjoy gaming, and when that one console has nothing in the roadmap apparently for a long time that might a bad feeling, it might not be your case, it certainly is for others.

3 Likes

I trust that you can do that Mort, I know for a fact that multiple others cannot.

Great. So, now use this argument for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

1 Like

I didn’t use the argument for Stalker… lol…

My reply was due to your suggestion exclusives have no benefit.

They do and enable first party studios to fulfill their potential creatively.

You shouldnt have left, I blame you

Can we make a Game Pass Argument Thread like we did for Gears.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I agree that having an in-house production of video games can benefit quality, as platform holders have different goals than third party publishers.

While gamepass is a great service it still needs to satisfy needs every other month. Sure there will be some surprises of games people will enjoy, but you still need to have major releases on services. I do get your point especially during the pandemic that most people have one console, so they may not feel as good with purchase with a perceived empty first month. However, there are plenty of games they can purchase that is releasing in the next 3 month, but I do feel Microsoft should make a play to launch one of these games on gamepass

2 Likes

With how vapor ware this game seemed the last few years before their showing at E3 I doubt it even hits December 8th. It hasn’t been in production that long.

4 Likes