Ryse: Son of Rome as a potential franchise

MS wanted to buy the right to the IP from Crytek, but was turn down. The Ryse IP has ever since been not use and dorment. There are rumors of a Ryse Next, but i have my doubts about that.

We’ll get a new Ryse when we get a new Banjo Kazooie :joy:

1 Like

Are you suggesting a crossover between the two?

2 Likes

Rysejo Kazoo of Rome

Really enjoyed the game. Still think it’s one if the best lookers on XB1. The story was pretty decent and the combat was very satisfying on legend rank. Would love if they expanded on the series for sure

1 Like

It might just be me but I find we have so few games looking at Persian (Indian) history and they had a vast empire. I mean we had prince of Persia but give me Ryse Son of Persia.

1 Like

A Ryse game set in Persia would be awesome to see!

Also thinking about a Persian setting reminded me of the concept art from Eric Persson who was the Associate Art Director from the Initiative and now he is working at Activision Blizzard.

1 Like

That concept design looks great, be interesting to see what he’s working on next, clearly has talent to create worlds.

1 Like

Cevat Yerli tells a different tale claiming that the sequal was on hold until install base grew big enough. given what’s gone on at Crytek over the years no overly believable though.

That sounds like 100% BS at this point lol

You have 50 million plus Xbox’s and PC’s but install base still not big enough?

Ryse : Son of Sparta

Ryse : Son of Arthur

Ryse : Son of Ragnar

Ryse : Son of Kree

Ryse : Son of Shogunate

Ryse : Son of Zulu

Bonus

Ryse : Son of the Rainbow Serpent (indigenous Australians were around at the time of mega fauna, wombats the size of busses and shit)

3 Likes
1 Like

God of War 2018 before God Of War 2018

1 Like

I wouldn’t compare Ryse to God of War. I would say Ryse is more of a mix between For Honor, the Middle Earth games, and Assassins Creed.

Nothing like Assassins Creed bar a historical setting.

For Honor springs straight to mind with playstyle and linearity in the campaign levels.

Ryse Son of Astrix and Oblix would be my next title :joy:

1 Like

Yeah - it’s not like the AC parts that I like at least (the part where you can stealth…) And that would be hilarious. Also doing graphics of that type could be a lot cheaper to produce it, could introduce more people to Asterix. Hm… could do a beat em up game - that could be a good fit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like to give this game credit for incorporating shield walls when AC Valhalla amd Odyssey completely ignored them. Vikings, Saxons, and Spartans without shield walls is like medieval Mongols without horses.

2 Likes

I’ll give the game credit… for being fun. Yep, it’s a fun game. I know it became popular to destroy Ryse when it was released but the combat was fun, the use of gamepad button colors for finishing moves was fun & the levels were fun. Once I got into the ebb & flow of the gameplay loop it became pretty addictive tbh.

For me it was a swordplay equivalent of Uncharted & it worked. If there’s a sequel coming I absolutely want them to expand on the combat because some of the animations were sick. It looked so much better than the typical “hack & slash away at enemy health bar” we get in almost everything.

2 Likes

Yes please

2 Likes