[Rumor] Microsoft acquires Kojima Productions

I don’t know, in my humble opinion, it is not a good pick. Don’t get me wrong, Kojima does great games, but they take too long to get ready and cost bananas. I think it makes more sense something like Bethesda, spending more money, but getting a bunch of IPs under Xbox umbrella. It would make more sense for gamepass influx of games, imo.

What is a “magazine”?

2 Likes

I would be very surprised considering that Sony was rumored to have signed Kojima to a 3 game deal back in 2016. Thus far, he has 2 more games to go.

Calling this one fake. Why would there be both a native language version of the text AND a magically translated version both in image form? >.>

Nope, not buying it. AI can translate and recreate the original formatting but nobody would bother going through that trouble for a “leak”. And the news wouldn’t leak in some random foreign magazine nobody can recognize. Instead, it’s someone photoshopping the text, then adding an English version to help it catch on better imho.

It won’t happen but it would be interesting to talk about if it did.

I think they would both gain huge from this. Im not a Kojima fan but I do know they are extremely loyal and will go where ever he goes. Which is huge for Microsoft. Kojima just wants to make whatever he wants and not have to worry about needing to see millions of copies or trying to bankroll the studio. Which is huge for Kojima. Would give Microsoft a foot out the door for the game awards because we know Geoff loves Kojima and give Microsoft a bigger Japanese presence

Haha!

1 Like

It’s not happening but a studio like Kojima’s is actually perfect for something like Game Pass. There isn’t any pressure for sales, and Kojima likes to take his time to release a game. Unlike a traditional model, where Kojima has to deliver on time and budget, and his success will depend on the number units sold. Any true creator would like to focus on the art without worrying about time and money which MS can provide both now because of Game Pass.

1 Like

Geoff would be so conflicted.

3 Likes

I believe it’s a real Spanish magazine. But it’s in a satire section of the magazine.

Kojima’s next game probably won’t even be on Xbox. Nevermind Microsoft buying his studio.

1 Like

According to the “original source” (the Spanish version of this magazine) it was Geoff who “confirmed” that it is supposed to be announced at the game awards…

This is obviously a joke, I think it may be related to the Día de los Inocentes, which is something similar to April Fools in some spanish speaking countries.

1 Like

Stranger things have happened, no one expected ninja theory or zenimax.however I dont have much confidence in the source.

I’m voting this one down. Not that I don’t think it would be good for Xbox’s credibility in Japan to have Mr. Kojima on board. Just seems like bull and a weird way to leak something.

So they print an English version in the same issue or something? o.0

That English version has obviously been edited. There are even some remaining Spanish words and not all sentences make perfect sense.

Yea im skeptical about it but man the salt if it was real

1 Like

PLEASE DON’T!

It’d be a huge waste of money. Save some money and buy Take Two instead. Sony would not be able to recover from that.

1 Like

Lol at the difference in price

1 Like

That’d be a weird buy anyways, not that it couldn’t potentially be awesome if he’s working on something that isn’t a hollywood featured FedEx 2099 sim, but seems more likely that Sony would put the spurs in him, especially with them making a movie of his most famous franchise.