Rumor - Halo Infinite Multiplayer to drop on Tuesday

The multiplayer is F2P so that would be super weird

end game success GIF by GEICO

If they are condident in the product and want to take advantage of a weak cod and a “coming in hot” battlefield then let em but this is not a good look for the reasons Jesse said above.

Yeah, it does not make sense for me either.

Me neither cause its inconsistent messaging and you are undercutting your partner on a game you have marketing for. Im sure the delay for DL2 was NOT due to polish and more of getting away from Halo which makes it 2 partners you could spurn.

I think they just call it an open beta and run it until launch

3 Likes

Grubb was unable to confirm it.

1 Like

You don’t like promising a later date and then saying “j/k, it’s available today!”? Why? That’s the best kind of surprise. Underpromise and overdeliver. Always.

5 Likes

All while undercutting partners, a game you spent marketing on and not delivering a split product like you said wouldn’t happen?

Look Ill play but its not all perfect lol

I highly doubt MS is going to not launch a game at any time because of their partner relationship, remember MS paid money for that marketing deal it’s not some freebie EA gave them. BF2042 is trash too so not a big loss.

1 Like

Ok forget about EA then for a moment

Why even give a release date for the full package only to not deliver it due to splitting the product

They’re delivering it early, imagine ordering a brand new Series X and it comes a month early are you going to tell the postman to take it back because it’s not the release date then ring up Microsoft and complain it’s early, cmon who the hell is going to complain a game is coming early.

2 Likes

First, the idea that two games can’t launch in the same window is archaic thinking. Second, if you remember, Battlefield was supposed to be out by now, it was an October release. Thirdly and finally, do you really think people are going to give a hoot that they said “no split release”? No! They are going to be on Twitch streaming the fuck out of this game.

1 Like

Like always nothing wrong then

Carry on

Yes there is nothing wrong with delivering a game early if it’s in perfectly working order, am I the crazy one for saying that?!

I’m actually really confused, people were saying Halo HAS TO LAUNCH on the 15th because it’s the anniversary! and were upset and shocked it was the 8th now it might be on the 15th and now they’re doing something wrong.

2 Likes

I guarantee you that, if this rumor is true, people on Twitch won’t be caring that they split the product up in the end. Are you going to boycott this release if they did indeed split it up? Is that what you’re saying?

Making the early access a gamepass exclusive is a heck of a way to run up the subscriber count.

Doubt any of this is true though.

Seems crazy. That’s 3 days away from now.

From OtherERA. I like this reasoning, this would actually make sense, especially with the dates (Nov 15 and the campaign on Dec 8).

2 Likes

Im 50/50 on if they do it, but if they end up doing it they will probably call it a beta or something then on the 8th just remove the beta tag so all the people who think they signed a contract with MS that the game must launch on X day are kept happy.

1 Like

Using this to boost gamepass subs is a genius move!

1 Like