[Rumor] Bungie soon part of the Xbox Game Studios?

I think both companies need each other more than either one would like to admit.

He speculate more than anything on this. Don’t take everything for granted. Jez and Rand are good bois and they speculate and know stuff. Listen carefully if they know something 100% you gonna notice. Otherwise :shushing_face:

I never thought the Bungie games were all that amazing, but i understand halo fans prefer Bungie halos and they review better so it would not be a bad thing if ms got bungie back.

Lol, this isn’t happening.

MS would probably have to triple Netease investment and give it back to them I’d imagine if they did want to acquire Bungie and Bungie was down for it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-06-09-bungies-new-ip-has-lighthearted-and-whimsical-characters

Matter is the new ip of bungie

So another looter… great

I’ll be ok with it if it have less greedy monetization system

Letting Bungie go was a mistake to begin with. Imagine if Microsoft had allowed them to make Destiny under XGS.

1 Like

If only, Bungie and Microsoft together again would be awesome.

I doubt it but I also wouldn’t be surprised, we know they want to be independent but Insomniac also said the same thing and got acquired, also who knows if even Bungie can stay independent long with games getting more and more expensive to make, it always helps to have a big publisher behind your back, also who knows if they can help 343i out with Halo because it seems like they really need the help :confused:

Bungie seceded from the union…

It wouldn’t have been worth it

Destiny cost 500 million and MS would of had to foot the entire bill, also the game wouldn’t have been as successful because it would of cut off the entire Playstation player base.

MS already owns part of Bungie, better to let someone else foot the bill and get residual cash for doing absolutely nothing.

At this point though Destiny is so big that even if MS acquired Bungie again they would never make Destiny an exclusive. It would basically be a Minecraft situation. The only benefit to MS acquiring Bungie is Destiny’s revenue stream and also Bungie making a new IP.

1 Like

I definitely think there’s a strong possibility Microsoft will publish Matter.

A recent Marty O’Donnell interview stated that Bungie was thinking of teaming up with MS again for Destiny, but they wanted to own the IP. I could see MS making an exception and allowing Bungie to own their next IP for the opportunity to have an XGS published Bungie game.

What’s the point though? Its going to be multiplat so its not like they’d get it as an exclusive. The best case scenario is they’d get it on Game Pass but there’s no reason XGS needs to publish it.

I’d rather MS not waste time and resources on games where they don’t own the IP.

The implication of MS publishing Bungie’s next game is that it would only be on Xbox and PC.

I was looking at player count per platform yesterday and Xbox was only 1% behind PS4. Pretty astonishing with how players were treated. PC was a bit ahead of both.

I expect Xbox will easily overtake PS and challenge PC over the next 6 months.

2 Likes

I dunno if Xbox really wants them, they may see Bungie as more trouble than it’s worth

If I were Phil I’d tell Bungie “look will pay you a fair amount (under a billion) but will also let you hire more people and will give you all the support, resources, tech that you need”

Also I imagine that Bungie would get the Bethesda treatment and be put under its own publishing arm rather than get put under XGS

Bungie just fit the type of studio MS want right now. The games they make fit the games pass model, they are world renowned name that comes with millions of fans.

4 Likes