Review | The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Next-Gen Edition on Series X|S

Apparently CDPR said it’s that’s not true and that the weather being dynamic can cause fps variations.

can still get it for cheap on cdkeys. I think you have to use VPN and activate on UK though

1 Like

Saw comparison pics too, not from DF, so probably some of the other analysis channels and you can guess how fanboys are running around with it. I’ve been removing a lot of folks from my main twitter page, sigh.

I also saw posts where people corrected them and showed frame drops on PS5. So right now it seems the two platforms are trading blows. Apparently PS5 has lots of objects popping in too whereas X has it less.

1 Like

Gotcha, I wasn’t going to play right away since I need to finish Ragnarok and some others, so hopefully its patched soon.

Yeah, I haven’t checked if DF did their comparison, but I am seeing a bunch of people saying xbox version is much worse. Also I see PC port isn’t doing that well

How does one go about activating in another region? Can’t you get banned for that?

Microsfot doesn’t ban, but from memory you would have to use a VPN to activate on Microsoft website. However, I’ll say its probably best to wait for winter sale in a couple of weeks to be on the safe side

It honestly would surprise me, CDPR did great things for One X and MS had the marketing too. If anything I’d expect XSX to take the lead, especially after their latest patch for Cyberpunk where X really takes the lead now.

But in the case it is true I expect they will fix they in a patch later, just like they did for Cyberpunk. When the current gen patch came PS5 had a small edge performance wise, but that’s been corrected.

They’re on sale now. For far more than previously. It looks like CDPR raised the base price, so even at 40% off you’re looking at $25+

1 Like

Gotcha, I could see a deeper discount for end of the year sale.

Indeed, I’d read that in the T&C Microsoft puts forth that using vpn is a no-no and violation

1 Like

The game uses dynamic weather, it dips at random times on both systems because of it. That gets ignored though.

2 Likes

Thanks, was pondering to play on PS5 due to stuff I’ve seen online. However, not in a rush to play it since I have a lot of games to play

I’ve played both and both benefit from VRR. i.e both have dips below 60fps at times. I’d say the PS5 was slightly better at keeping 60fps. But both drop regardless at times.

2 Likes

I heard that raytracing mode is actually the best on X, whereas PS5 takes the lead in performance mode. In raytracing objects would draw in way more often on PS5 than X. True?

Over 50GB update, wow.

Sorry, I only tested the Performance modes. I dont do 30fps anymore. :blush:

1 Like

No, it’s Smart Delivery.

Although, the game already did have two stackable lists, for the vanilla game and GOTY version, that has not changed.

1 Like
1 Like

Here’s a link to some interactive maps which may prove helpful: Witcher 3 interactive maps

Man this game looks and plays great on Series X. I love the new over the shoulder camera. I think I’ll definitely stick with it until the end this time.