Review | The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Next-Gen Edition on Series X|S

One thing I am wondering about. Is CD Projekt Red paying the Mod authors for the mods that put into the game?

RT gives it a darker/realistic look too. I do like how it looks, but enough to give up 60fps?..

3 Likes

in screenshots it’s fantastic, in gameplay it is muddy garbage while moving

4 Likes

I see. Yeah then I think chances are high I’ll put it on performance mode too.

I see what you mean now, holy shit.

As soon as he’s moving you can see it, it’s almost as if the RT mode runs in a lower resolution. Really, really not worth it!

2 Likes

After playing this game at 60 FPS, you can’t go back. Riding Roach, moving around, getting into combat is smoother and a bit easier.

Looking at those screens, RT looks great but the game is still gorgeous without it I think, especially with those Next-Gen enhancements.

5 Likes

Gods… this looks so f***ing good.

1 Like

Looks good but i’m not playing it again… I already put over 250 hours in the Original game. There is no way i can put myself through that again.

Does it have a new achievements list?

Definitely going with performance mode. I really struggle to handle less than 60fps now.

Update is here Witchers ! At least on my end. Version is 4.0.0.1 on Xbox Series.

Base game is now ~42 Gb without any DLC (add ~20 Gb to that), although YMMV.

Patch notes here :

1 Like

This game s a pretty great game, but replay ability isn’t very good for me. I will try to do another playthrough after, Persona 5, but last time I tried I lost interest pretty quickly.

Edit: 9pm right now for me but I’m getting an update.

Tried this update on PS5 and XSX.

XSX runs fine but had some graphical anomalies (only in one area). Some areas benefit from VRR. Seems fine. Pushes console hard and first game in ages which sees the fan run high (not as bad as Metro Exodus). This game is clearly demanding now.

PS5 also benefits from VRR. Haptics are a bonus so far. No issues with anomalies in the same area as XSX.

Both seem to be very similar to me. But I’ll be rolling with PS5 on this one simply due to haptics. Both versions are very good, but clearly pushing consoles hard. General thumbs up from me. :blush:

1 Like

This is the one game I could never get into. I always found the combat confusing/not fun.

I really want to try and get into it because it sounds like I would really enjoy it if it clicks.

1 Like

Also Geralt’s 12 pack a day voice made me really wish I could mute him lol

1 Like

It took me many hours for it to click. And it definitely benefits from having paddles on a controller so your thumbs can be controlling the camera without the need to leave the thumbsticks to swing the sword. But once it does click, you have world which you can spend months in. And I now love the controls and combat - but I’ve put several hundred hours into it across multiple platforms.

1 Like

The trick is to use the shield and press B often to close in and attack with X (Y is never an option) and then just press B to dance around attacks. Currently my memory is a little out of date because starting out with no magic to fight the ghouls wasn’t something I remember happening the first time I played, so it was a little tougher than I remember (well actually no it wasn’t, because I started out in Death March as well and had no memory to of how to play, but I do remember being able to use magic right away).

Also was enemy scaling a thing back when the game first came out?

I’m not sure if it was out on release, but you can deactivate it in the option menu.

1 Like

Silly they raised the price.

Is it true that performance mode on xbox series x is worse than PS5? I am seeing stuff that it drops to 50fps on xbox