Review | The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Next-Gen Edition on Series X|S

And I read that in the settings you can even set the camera so when battle begins it will zoom out. That’s perfect.

1 Like

That’s what I did : close up camera for combat and it works so well. It feels so much better that way.

Replaying this game with all these QOL improvements is just so good !

1 Like

Oh nice. So you’re not “fighting” the camera during battle with it so close? I would imagine if a big group of baddies is fighting you that you’d lose focus a little?

I’d love if more games gave you these options. BGS has always been great at that too. Some games have the default and only camera placed too far away from the character and that loses immersion in my opinion.

1 Like

I think it’s fine. You can still get overwhelmed of course, but you can see what the ennemies are doing more clearly and counter them more easily. At least for me.

It’s also more immersive as it brings the focus on Geralt and his ennemies. You see all the little animations better, like Geralt moving his sword and make it twirl sometimes. I don’t remember seeing that before.

2 Likes

This sounds great.

2 Likes

Any one else getting regular crashing on this one? About once a session I’m seeing the game freeze and require a quit and reload. Also seen one thermal cut off shutdown triggered.

Series X, horizontal ~10" clear space for fan in cab. Game in 30fps RT mode (and they all told you nobody would choose that mode over 60FPS :slight_smile: ).

Will experiment with vertical outside of cab runs to see if it makes a difference.

After 13h+ zero crashes on performance mode. Playing on Series X.

I am playing on xbox series X and I crashed 4 times and had a game breaking bug. I had to go down in a cellar for a main story quest and when I try to climb up a latter to get out. I just jump off the latter. I just lucky it has cross saves. I went on pc and got out with no issues. But if I did not, then the game would be unplayable for me. Also, quick cast does not work on either Xbox or pc for me. So Kind of disappointed in the patch.

40 hours in… I don’t exactly know why it took me 7 years to fully appreciate this game, but I’m on board now! :man_shrugging: This is one of the best RPGs I’ve ever played.

3 Likes

It’s one of the best card game ever made with amazing side content.

But seriously it’s so good. I’m replaying W3 after I played it at release. Can’t stop playing this amazing game.

1 Like

:phil_lmao:

I spent so many hours just playing Gwent in that game…

1 Like

3 Likes

I can’t stop laughing at this ! Who did this ?? :phil_lmao: