Review | Resident Evil 4

If you don’t recognize Sony for all the remasters and remakes they do then I don’t know what more people can say.

No im not saying they dont do them. Theyre known for that because they charge full price for them or upgrade fees. My point was youre crediting this boom of remakes on sony doing it so everyone had to.

1 Like

Resident Evil Code Veronica is still my fav 3D RE game. Its the game with the best story and cast of characters

Loving RE 4 at the mo though, pick it up mate

Anyoje find it bat shit crazy how Capcom are oumping out AAA rsident evil games so frequently whilr still maintaining high level of quality? Its insane.

Since 2017 which was just 6 years ago weve had…

RE7 RE2 Remake RE3 Remake REVIIIage RE4 Remake

Yes we know theres 2 major teams but still…

I wouldnt be surprised if we got CV remake and 9 before end of 2025. 9 has been in development since 2020 and they must have been doing their next remake for a year now.

So a patch is out. It seems it fixes deadzone issues but severely degrades image quality (to improve performance I guess). Can anyone please check? Not at home till later in the day.

Deadzones are better but visually the game got downgraded quite a bit, IQ is way worse (IQ is softer and there is shimmering) plus I am seeing pop-in issues (like in shadows from afar) that weren’t there before in the first big fight in the village and believe me I’ve played more than enough in the village to say this.

Really disappointed by the state of the Xbox version of this game, first it was the control issues and now the game looks considerably worse for some unknown reason…like literally who asked for this? I don’t understand what Capcom is doing with the Xbox version.

Funny as ps5 version looks better than it did before. Performance was abaolutely fine before on xbox for me.

Deadzones are fixed, IQ is down. Playing in Resolution mode, exverything else turned off and it doesn’t look as clean as before. Thankfully I already finished the game in its former pristine quality.

Thanks for your answer. This is infuriating, I really dont get it. Game was pretty decent technically wise before.

So its res mode? Ive only played it on performance.

Never played performance mode so I couldn’t say if there has been changes there. But It’s a bummer they changed image quality in resolution mode, I thought it looked absolutely stunning before and ran great throughout the game

Performance mode is also affected. Performance mode (RT & Hair Strand off) looked amazing and run very good overall before too (even with no VRR). I don’t know what they had in mind with this completely unnecessary change (no one asked for this downgrade because performance was more than fine)…like will the Xbox version be normal at some point or we’ll have to always wait for a patch to fix something they fucked up? :confused_wat:

Ps5 and xbox look the same now. A friend with a ps5 just showed me how it looks now on the console

Is the Xbox deadzone issue fixed? Double checking because I just saw an update

Yeah, they say it is

1 Like

It is fixed! That feels so much better. Too slow at default still but the deadzone issue is pretty much gone for me.

Yep it’s fixed

1 Like

1 Like

Man the image quality reduction really bums me out. It looked so perfect before. Now its just a very noisy looking in comparison.

Adjusted translation = we downgraded the fuck out of it to improve frames that nobody had a problem with. :rofl:

4 Likes