Review | Death's Door

top Indie games have been putting a lot of AAA games to shame for years now. AAA games have changed over the years. Unless you have that vision and focus of what you’re doing your game isn’t going to turn out that good.

3 Likes

I am absolutely loving this game so far. Still only up to the third boss, so there’s quite a bit left for me to play.

I’ve heard the main complaint is that the upgrades don’t seem to make much of a difference. Knowing that, I won’t waste my time grinding out souls to purchase upgrades and just play the game instead.

The music and atmosphere are absolutely beautiful.

Fighting one of the largest hammer monsters. It’s one that uses gas attacks. This thing tracks attacks for way longer than it has any right to.

I’m gonna hold off on getting it. 100% buy for me though. 20 bucks is a steal for a high quality indie game. But need to finish Skyward Sword and Scarlet Nexus first.

Boy I’m stuck on this endgame content.

Beat the Grave Digger and found a few things I’ve missed but don’t really know what to do. Guess im done till a walkthrough is posted

there are plenty of walkthroughs up, one hint is find every seed and use every pot

1 Like

Only thing I cant stand are these archers with a super fast fire rate especially when you got like 3 of them.

Honestly this Frog fight is bullshit.

1 Like

The trick for the hammer bosses seems to be the daggers and bombs…

Got repeatedly destroyed when I first encountered them, but once you switch weapons they’re relatively straightforward.

Oh man that was my favorite fight once I figures out how to do damage at the start.

Yeah it’s hard to pay attention to the color change in newer games. I’d never notice which it was till I was already in their face.

Nvm I hadnt figured I needed to hit the mace with arrows. Fight was easy once I figured it but I had like 3 attempts of throwing the bomb at him when he does the suction part and the game wouldn’t recognize it.

Loving it so far, the combat is good, wish the puzzles were more challenging

Oh man yeah that’s a game changing move. That fight feels like a puzzle more than anything. I think once I figured it all out I won the first full go.

This game looks so great. I’ll be picking it up soon for sure.

2 Likes

The Grave Digger boss fight is extremely annoying :joy:

2 Likes

Some of the fights just seem cheap, like I’m surprised at what catches me. I know what to do but just not having the best of luck in pulling off the moves. I end up getting caught up with some rather cheap-feeling hits, namely a couple times I got hit once, couldn’t move, so was stuck between a Boss and the Adds so naturally I got hit a second time and a third time and then Death. It would take just a minor tweak to have this feeling perfect.

I’m still very much loving the game.

2 Likes

This is how I feel sometimes. I be dying to some nonsense archers or my character just missing his attacks slightly to the side.

2 Likes

Sometimes the enemies attack will track you for what feels like way too long.

It’s funny because yesterday we were talking with a friend about how fair the combat is and how good the hitboxes are. Combat feels great to me, you just can’t be greedy with your hits, positioning is pretty important/try not to be overwhelmed/surrounded by enemies and of course you have to prioritize killing some particular enemies first (like the archers or the wizards) that can be a pain in the ass. Magic is pretty powerful as well…overall I’d say that the difficulty/difficulty curve is really really good, challenging but completely fair.

Also anyone who loves this game and won’t play the Souls games for whatever reason he/she should play the Souls games. Just saying! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s been interesting to read reviews and then listen to podcasts with this game as a talking point. Almost universally, the podcasts are far less positive on this game, even down on it.