Review | Death's Door

still 15% off for a few days

3 Likes

Ah man this game just got even better for me then.

3 Likes

I’ll go check it out, and the review by you good folks :wink:

1 Like

Just purchased it, can’t wait to dig in.

1 Like

Really enjoyed the first hour and I can see the souls genre comparison, but for now it feels light on that part, which is great for me. The art style and combat is very good. My only gripe so far it doesn’t seem to support quick resume

1 Like

Can’t wait to play it when I get some days off.

1 Like

I went ahead and bought it because …why not.

1 Like

The game is really freaking great after playing it for a while last night. It really did revive some of that old school Zelda type game feeling for me, which nothing else really has for a very long time to be honest.

The only thing missing in this game after like an hour of gameplay is the ability to customize my button layout. Dont like having base attack on X and then charged on RT.

Would had liked X and Y for slashes and LT-X for arrows.

1 Like

Does the Xbox Accessories app allow for customizations? It’s been a while since I’ve been in there so don’t recall if they expanded it beyond just the Elite Controllers.

I believe it does

Gonna buy this, thanks for the great review @Doncabesa.

Wait, Xbox gamers buy games?!

2 Likes

Ehehe, been slashing all signs in half :wink:

1 Like

I just finished the game and am blown away by how fun, charming and quality this game is despite the manpower behind it. Such a gem for Xbox to have. This will be GOTY material for a number of people I imagine.

3 Likes

I’ll check it out soon. Good job on the team. More top quality indie games for xbox the better.

Glad ms got this and wasn’t money hatted away by Sony like they did with spelunky 2.

This game might be too hard for me. I already have a hard time in isometric games. Something about the angle makes me make more mistakes.

Played for about 2 hours yesterday and reminded me so much of zelda on snes. Game is amazing and that soundtrack is insane. Can’t believe a team of 2 made this. Microsoft fund this studios games more lol

2 Likes

Just purchased it form here for $10

2 Likes

I’m inside the jungle levels dungeon and wow. This game has me. GOTY so far. Love the fact that one character acted like I was just a cute little bird while I sat there like “I am the bringer of death! The reaper of souls”

Finished the end-game, might go for all achievements but that requires a new playthrough with the umbrella start to finish… so, basically hard mode. There’s a ton of content in this little package. My first play through with a few collectibles left to nab is at 10 hours and the majority of that was quality time spent. Not bad for a $20 game made by two people, honestly puts some AAA titles to shame.

2 Likes