I finished up the main story. Quick bulleted takeaways:

-Looks great, technically and artistically

-No real technical issues outside of quick resume being broken

-Main character…overly edgy, annoyingly so

-Story is whatever but world is great

-Combat starts out fun but grows old by the end

-Game overstays its welcome by maybe 5-8 hours

-Shines in its closed “level” environments but the open works stinks

Overall, a decent game that could be great with refinement. Some high highs and low lows. Interested in what the dev does next.

2 Likes

Really? A option or default? I tried yesterday and I didn’t see it yet.

Why is the first dungeon like 5 hours long? I’m sick of it and just want to get out.

1 Like

By default. I noticed it right away, it’s not super-big or anything but I no longer have to squint haha.

1 Like

I’m not to far into the game, about 3-4 hours I think. The one thing I can’t stand are mundane fetch missions and the beginning is littered with it!

Go get 4 of these things to turn this thing on or move through this door, except when you go fetch the first item of the list, you’ll then be told the item isn’t present or the item needs to be filled or charged which will require another series of actions. It just feels like padding.

It’s not only this game but it feels like lazy dev design. With that out of the way, I am enjoying it. Again though, the first few hours is the player locked in a building going from corridor to corridor fighting androids and “other enemies.”

I have to say though the opening is visually very impressive. I can’t wait to get back to an outside arenas.

Just made it to the open world and so far this game has been really fun. I especially like the art design and music. Really cool stuff so far

1 Like

Loving this game, but the UI is a bit rough, not even a controller map. I’ve just crafted a fire canister and have upgraded the shotgun to take canisters, but can’t for the life of me work out how to equip it, it said something about a selection wheel, but the text disappeared before I could read it fully. Any solutions appreciated, thanks

Straight down in the selection wheel while you have the weapon you want equipped

I can’t find the selection wheel! That’s the problem, I’m probably missing something obvious, but I’m sure I’ve tried every button.

Equip the gun, press and hold the X button. There will be a blank space beside the gun and press right trigger.

1 Like

Only played about an hour or so, but the personality of the main character will probably be enough to make me tap out really quickly, it’s like it was crafted by 12 year olds.

1 Like

I’m loving this game it reminds me so much of Duke Nukem 3D and the Art Direction is stunning

I am 17hours in and feel like the main character is way more likeable later on. But totally agree the first few hours is offputting with this guy. But later I had some really cool moments and even had to laugh hard because the way he reacts (trainstation).

2 Likes

The character they were going for was a Breaking Bad: Jesse Pinkman type. I thought the dialogue was fine, even funny sometimes.

1 Like

With you on this. I had to stop cause it was runining the experience for me

I am finding the character funny only because he feels so out of place. Its unintentionally working im not sure if the devs were going for this.

Do you play in Russian? I find that helped a lot, it fits so much better. The character is still odd, but fits better with the… expectations so to speak. VA is better too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, I’ve been switching weapons with right and left on the dpad.

1 Like

Man this game…insanely impressed! Game Pass is such a treasure chest.

1 Like

Reviews are average like High on life and like High on Life, Atomic heart is loved by the gamers but not most of the reviewers.

1 Like