Review | Atomic Heart

Oh, that’s very interesting. Actually makes sense too when you think about it. These are never things they do on purpose to annoy players, that’s for sure, haha. I hope they will add them.

I’m gonna restart the game (only was able to briefly play earlier today) with Russian audio enabled and I’m gonna see if I like it more because I do not like the English voice over and the dialogues, lmao.

Ill never understand cringe culture where anyone that says anything is considered cringe. I think its a thing from Gen Z and younger. Seems younger gens just do not like people talking and nearly everything to them is cringe

The dialog is fine to me, I like the american voice actor and you get key pieces of info. I just dont understand people wanting yet another silent protag.

So far the game looks and runs great. One of fhe few games that looked too good to be true but while playing it looks like all the footage we have seen so far.

It also sucks that nearly every 3rd party deal MS makes blows up due to no fault of MS.

*Stalker 2 - delayed due to war *High on life - creater turned out to be a sex predator, this came out after the games launch *AtomIc Heart - Game is great but sucks Russia may profit from it.

I’m exhausted keeping up with all this so in the end Im just going to play good games and if they are on gamepass play them anyway.

1 Like

Booted the series x and apparently I have a 67 g patch even though I preloaded the game 24 hours ago, anybody has a similar issue? or is this normal?

it’s a real patch

3 Likes

Pretty sure I’m downloading the whole game :joy: Anyway as long as it’s normal.

This reminds me of the 2004 Russian film release of Night Watch that had amazing animated subtitles.

1 Like

This is really really enjoyable and ive missed a big mostly polished FPS experience lately. In the best way, this feels like a game thats been cooking for as long as it has. The cartoons in the upgrade machine, the variety of differnt locks, and all the details… I’m realy enjoying this world they built.

3 Likes

Holy shit the graphics are insane. The opener looks absolutely stunning!

1 Like

Indeed, I just came here to say: Holy shit! What an opening to a game. Not only how it looks, but the setting and aesthetics is incredible.

Only nitpick so far is the damn text is too small, I’m doing it in Russian voice so I really need the subs lol.

3 Likes

Yeah same

So any word of them putting Ray Tracing in with a patch on the Series X? The graphics are pretty insane already but having real ray tracing like advertised for the game would be great.

I dont know whether the game has tracing or not, but the reflections are already insane. There was section in the beginning where you could see the reflections in the floor. I will say that, those are better than 90% of rt solutions I saw in the console.

3 Likes

Agreed, insane reflections in the opening of the game. Probably perfectly alingned cube maps but works so well

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s nothing more needed. Sometimes I think people care just a tad bit too much about these things.

1 Like

Fun game so far. Another score for Gamepass.

Na Id just like the advertised features Implemented. It does look great but I think some real ray tracing would push it over the top.

I don’t think this is a spoiler, but I’m on A Glass, Darkly mission. About how far am I into the game?

Pre-installed this. Sat down a couple nights ago to play - 70gb update starts. Have a free half hour now so sat down to start - 15gb update required. Sigh.

Yeah my internet isn’t great and I’ve been constantly pushed back from playing it with theze updates too. It can be overly common with day one releases but in this case it seems particularly excessive.

1 Like

They fixed the subtitles allready! @Staffy

5 Likes