Review | Atomic Heart

Just finished this game wow…

2 Likes

This game was some crazy unexpected fun for me. Game Pass is so great, and now I have started Wo Long which is really cool too.

4 Likes

I’m not done yet, but I’ve had several wow-moments. What a game!

2 Likes

Just finished it. Took me 35 hours. But I took my sweet time with its unique world. Really good game. Overall I would say 8,5 or 9 out of 10. If someone told me this is Ken Levines new Bioshock I would have believed you.

Graphics, Artstyle and Soundtrack are out of this world. Gameplay and Story are good.

Definitely recommended if you like Bioshock Style Games.

5 Likes

Finished it last night. Really great game, review is on point.

I think the loot system could raise the overall score by a whole point on its own tbh. I never got bored with the game, and I did a lot of running around outside the main path. Broken achievements was a let down though, I gave up on them after a while. Might someday return if they fix them, it’s supposed to get a lot of DLC too. Something to pick up a complete edition of in a deep sale in a couple of years from now for sure.

Also, this game must be played in Russian. The tone is very different, the VA’s are better and it gives the whole game a much more plausible aura and adds a lot to the immersive experience.

3 Likes

Agreed, I love to play games in their original voiceovers. Especially when the setting is set in said country. Playes HiFi Rush in Japanese and Atomic Heart in Russian and am convinced this is the best way to play these games. The whole feel of the game is different.

1 Like

Yeah, I always try to do that too. Especially where it makes sense with the setting. Yakuza in Japanese, AssCreed Unity and A Plague Tale in French etc. Some may have great English VA but it’s about the immersion.