Remedy has announced a Control multiplayer spin-off game for Xbox Series X|S

Originally published at: Remedy announces a Control multiplayer spin-off game for Xbox Series X|S - XboxEra

Remedy Entertainment announced today that it has signed a co-publishing and development agremeent with 505 Games for a 4-player cooperative PvE game.

This multiplayer game is described as a spin-off of the critically acclaimed Control, also developed by Remedy and released in 2019.

Codenamed Condor, the new game will be built using Remedy’s proprietary Northlight engine and will be released on Xbox Series X|S.

In a Press Release, Remedy confirmed that the game’s initial development budget amounts to EUR 25 million. In addition, both Remedy and 505 Games have outlined “high-level collaboration terms” to further expand the Control franchise with a bigger-budget Control-game, to be agreed in more detail in the future.

We have successfully collaborated with 505 Games for over four years and have both become stronger in our respective fields. We are happy to extend and deepen our partnership. This new agreement supports Remedy’s aims to expand our games into long-term franchises, create benchmark-setting games, strengthen our commercial capabilities and collaborate with great partners with whom we can succeed together.

Tero Virtala, CEO of Remedy Entertainment

While we may not see anything about this new game in the near future, Remedy’s Control is currently part of the Xbox Game Pass catalogue.

2 Likes

Nice for remedy but really … another 4 player PVE game.

When are they going to deliver Crossfire X :weary:

they have a lot of projects in the making. i hope this works out for them. can’t wait for the next Control or Alan Wake.

It feels like Remedy has announced 30 new games since the last Crossfire trailer was shown

1 Like

:rofl:

Wait, this is for Xbox alone as well?

It’ll be released on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

But… As I reckon the author of that thread mentioned only Xbox Series X|S, because it’s an Xbox forum :rofl:

Yeah, very understandable. I saw it just now in the other thread.

But …that Crossfire can’t be far away now, can it? Recently someone here said the game apparently is done, so the hold up…why?

I wish Remedy do not turn into a new platinum games .

They announce a lot of projects and they can’t even finish one :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The thread is created automatically when I create an article on the site, and I only mention Xbox on the site because it’s an Xbox-focused one :sweat_smile:

But yeah, it’s next-gen exclusive + PC

CrossfireX is made by different team at Remedy. Now they have 5 projects under 4 teams.

Crossfire HD for China-only is probably already finished. I don’t know how the situation looks like for CrossfireX, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they would have finished project, but they would slip it for H1’22, because of this year’s domination by Call of Duty (even if WWII – Vanguard will be crap this year), Battlefield and maybe even Halo, and releasing this a few months later would be much safer for them.

Especially that CrossFire franchise isn’t so recognizable outside of Republic of Korea and People’s Republic of China. Wouldn’t be surprised as well if only Remedy’s campaign for CrossfireX will be the only thing that will interest the most of people around this game.

1 Like

If this is what the folks at Remedy want to make, then cool, but I’m having a hard time picturing the Control fan who was like “You know what would make this game even better… Online multiplayer.”

2 Likes

Early 2010’s feelings :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely if they want to make it go ahead but as you Said at no point did I ever came out of control thinking: “damn I need co-op”.

1 Like

Have they given an update on it that said this, I’m concerned because I haven’t seen anything

Last time we saw anything about this game was the open beta for mp last summer. We have never seen anything about Remedy campaign outside last year trailer during july showcase.

It’s unlikely to be released this year if we don’t see it at Gamescom.

You would think it would want to show up at Xbox E3 this year.

Yeah, I listed Gamescom as last resort, lmao. Remedy is so unreliable, lmao.