Remedy has announced a Control multiplayer spin-off game for Xbox Series X|S

Make Control and underperform commercially.

Take an underperforming IP and turn it into a generic game in an oversaturated market (4 player PvE games).

Who even makes decisions at Remedy? You can see the flop coming from a mile away.

They need money. Making another Control game is too risky for them right now. A small size coop experience is way more manageable and they could sell a lot of DLC, especially if it has different playable characters. Itā€™s disappointing, buy hey, if it could get a proper sequel funded, it means thereā€™s hope. I think thereā€™s a lot of potential in that IP. And Iā€™m down to see more of that Lakeā€™s mind craziness.

According to Colt Eastwood on last weekā€™s podcast, he said that it was delayed to 2022 as Remedy asked for more development time. Donā€™t know how accurate that it but it hasnā€™t been seen or heard from in 11 months so im honestly not expecting it until 2022. Considering the amount of FPS this Fall/Holiday season, it makes sense for them to push it into 2022 in my opinion.

Itā€™s weird that many of you see the co-op market as a crowded space. There isnā€™t nearly enough if you ask me. Is the 3rd person action adventure scene not more crowded?

The thing is that co-op games are made to last. They want you to play ONLY that game.

So if a game already holds most of the market share, two or three new games of that genre already make it become crowded.

Itā€™s different from the generic third-persion action-adventure cinematic games, where you play for 15 hours and move on to another

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s true, there more of a focus on progression, but itā€™s not like a GaaS. Vermintide 2, For The King, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, Borderlands and Back 4 Blood are some ones that come to mind. They are highly replay-able but there isnā€™t a weekly and daily rotation of quests which are essential to your power level. Iā€™m not even sure if more recent PvE GaaS experiences still do this, I know Destiny is a mild offender, but Division 2 isnā€™t and I donā€™t think Avengers is either.