Redfall - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2021 - Official Announce Trailer | open world co-op shooter from Arkane Studios

5 Likes

Can you blame them. People literally go through frame by frame looking for anything meme worthy. They did it with the recorder of the pilots wife in the 2019 trailer, did it with New-tana to an extent with this one and did it last year most infamously to Craig.

You can take the best looking game in the world, go frame by frame way zoomed in and find something to create shit on the internet with.

We won’t see gameplay again until people stop being able to stir up shit online by freeze framing an LOD transition at 30x magnification on pre-release software.

5 Likes

Exactly, I still dont understand why there was backlash to the infinite gameplay reveal. I thought it looked great.

@OneBadMutha and @Doncabesa did a thing.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Since it’s been confirmed that Redfall can be played solo, im all in. Best of all, it’s shooter based instead of melee based like Dishonored was which is better for me. I’m thinking they show gameplay at The Game Awards or X021 if it happens.

I’ve gone from “THIS is what project Omen is?” and “Why did they choose to show THAT last?” to…“Holy crap, this game could be awesome. I can’t wait to see more.”

4 Likes

Same lmao. That first Reveal had me like??? No way this is Project Omen but now Im stupidly hyped for this.

2 Likes

In the studios thread I read that Pete Hines even called it a immersive sim, so that’s fantastic!

As for showing the game, I would hope XO or TGA is a given, because if it’s a summer 2022 game…when do they otherwise plan to show it? Unless they start to introduce Direct type of shows for XGS.

Agreed.

Yeah, we should see gameplay before the year ends. And then a deep dive at E3 2022 unless they do an Xbox Direct for Redfall.

Don’t call it Direct

That word puts that awful narrator in my head. “In Redfall, you can team up with three friends for some zaney adventures. And we say zaney…we MEAN IT”

Haha.

I would call it Inside Xbox: Redfall (or insert game title here).

Xbox Showcase: Redfall

2 Likes

That’s better. Or even better, Xbox Game Showcase: Redfall. Either way, I like it. Doubt they’ll do it but they should.

3 Likes

Yeah that would be good.

Sea of Thieves is getting a showcase this weekend to show off the new Pirates of the Carribbean DLC, the start is there. Now just do it for all upcoming big XGS games.

True and agreed.

This may be random but its funny from what I see on other forums/comments. How in the FUCCCCCK could you question Arkane’s dev abilities. Like the team has some very original ideas and gameplay. RedFall is going to fucking rock man

3 Likes

Since most people don’t care for immersive sims it’s easy for them to dismiss their talent and ignorantly crap on Redfall.

“Redfall = Bleeding Edge”

lol

1 Like

LoL my favorite