Redfall - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2021 - Official Announce Trailer | open world co-op shooter from Arkane Studios

I thought it looked great, rewatched the trailer heaps of times now. As someone who bounced off their previous titles pretty quick I’m hoping this one keeps me hooked. Looking forward to trying it out.

2 Likes

Well, it’s quite obvious that the engine they’re using for Deathloop is going to be getting some good work. And for the people complaining about the lack of single-player sad dad games, there’s a console for that…

Lots of stuff on Redfall here. Arkane’s idea apparently, want to bring their DNA to a new genre, still an Arkane game, totally enjoyable in SP but not a “Leeroy Jenkins” style shoot em up. No one person army here. You need to play with your abilities and if in co-op, with others.

2 Likes

I wanted a game where the player is the vampire.

2 Likes

Hard to tell an awful lot from the trailer but it looks fine. Looking forward to seeing gameplay to get a better idea.

I have no problem in Arkane putting out stuff like this and Deathloop if it means they are working away on Prey 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was totally picturing the dark ,awesome tone of Dishonored ,the same kind of setting probably too and with vampires.

For me it’s truly all because of insiders. Had this not leaked, I wouldn’t have had any false expectations.

I’ll watch this in a sec!

I read here yesterday that apparently it IS still a immersive Sim?

3 Likes

This could be said for a lot of the show

Did it all leak beforehand? I was away from the forum for about two days before the show.

No, I mean more the false expectations. It was a really good show but with all the rumours going into it there were expectations of 5 acquisitions, kojima game, BF Game Pass, Uplay Game Pass, Persona etc. Just completely unreal expectations.

Yes, true that!

Imagine that all year nothing had leaked, nothing. The show would have been even better for me. I can’t deny that I was a little disappointed that Tales of Arise GP didn’t happen, no Persona (even if it wasn’t ever said it would be done at E3), no actual Starfield gameplay trailer which looking back at it makes sense, but insiders got hopes up way too much, no IO Interactive acquisition.

I believe Jez a while ago said Typhoon trailer would be gameplay,well…

1 Like

I wonder if this game will be first or third person

Guys, we should calm down, Arkane NEVER released a bad game and now they don’t even need to appease Zenimax corporate lords or Ubisoft/EA like in the past. It will be good, the only thing I don’t agree with is the presentation strategy: it wasn’t a “one more thing” type of game imo, Arkane has not the recognition of BGS or Halo or Forza.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. For a ‘one more thing’ it either has to be a well known IP like last year, or something with gameplay if it is new.

1 Like

Agreed.

In my book a one more thing shouldn’t be cinematic only either. If the one more thing had been Elden Ring,that would have been a stronger ending. I saw a few streamers reacting to it and they all said “oh shit,there’s one more thing!” And I saw their enthusiasm just going away once they realized it was nothing but a cinematic.

2 Likes

That’s because of recognition, a CGI trailer of a famous IP or a new game from a famous studio (more famous than Arkane) would have been well received. Imagine a CGI Quake teaser from id soft for example, internet would have gone mad.

2 Likes

For sure, replaying dishonored at the moment . Really looking forward to Redfall.

I get the feeling MS is a little nervy showing gameplay after the backlash to infinite. I mean, Starfield is rumored to be in polish phase, Halo has to be nearly done and Redfall is a year out. There was gameplay of any one of those that could have been shown.

You are right though Arkane dont have that pull yet. Ending on a CGI trailer only works on a larger scale. Like Cyberpunk did.

1 Like

I was curious if they had a release date two years ago for Deathloop announcement in the trailer, but there wasn’t one.

Redfall’s first trailer and already has a release window, hopefully that’s indicative of them being very sure of this window.

No gameplay for Starfield does make sense though. That’s just how Bethesda operates ever since Fallout 4 really. But Redfall is true yeah.

1 Like

The window is close enough that they should be fairly confident. Deathloop was announced over 2 years before release, though there was a pandemic I guess.

Great video, Pete is such a cool guy too. I’ll never forget how cool it was to interview him about Fallout 3 in Holland many years ago.

As for Redfall. What he describes sounds really interesting, still very much a Arkane game , it is what we all love about their games and has more and some new things. This is totally not what I gathered from the cinematic trailer and precisely for that reason I don’t think cinematic trailers are always a good thing. This is now the second game where the trailer gives a wrong impression, I had the same with Ghostwire Tokyo.

Hopefully gameplay reveal is right around the corner.

1 Like

Yeah this changes my impressions on the game entirely. Going back to the reveal, I like it more now because I’m more focused on how those characters and abilities might fit into an open world. Now…I’m excited.

4 Likes