Redfall - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2021 - Official Announce Trailer | open world co-op shooter from Arkane Studios

Yup, already my favorite character.

2 Likes

I must admit I was initially disappointed with this. Not so much because of what was shown but because of pre e3 leaks and insiders just mentioned ā€œArkane vampire gameā€ and as I said in another thread, Iā€™d built up a idea in my head of what I was hoping the game was going to be like - something with the serious tone of Vampyr but mixed with a quality Arkane immersive world.

The tone wasnā€™t what I was expecting but Iā€™m looking forward to seeing more and Arkane are a quality dev so Iā€™ve got no doubt the game will end up being good. I thought it was a good show of confidence from Microsoft to let them close out the show with it as well.

2 Likes

Not picking any fights but I hate how any game that is announced as anything not single player is met with ā€˜disappointedā€™ here.

Co-op games are the tits and very rarely given AAA budgets (not talking about GaaS).

2 Likes

Looking at characters and their abilities, I could see it going Overwatch way in PvE.

This game and Deathloop were pitched and approved after the financial bombs of Prey (Austin) and Dishonored 2 (Lyon) and theyā€™re both connected/coop/with a less serious look to increase the demographic. I donā€™t think itā€™s a coincidence and I also think that next Arkane games (both) will be more similar to the older glories.

4 Likes

Rewatched the announce trailer and read the website and Iā€™m actually a lot more excited now. A narrative driven co-op shooter with diverse and well written characters is actually something I like.

Another one on the list for me and my friends.

5 Likes

It wasnā€™t what I expected but thatā€™s a good thing. Think it looks like it will be really fun and love the aesthetic (far more than a traditional vampire aesthetic). Need to see gameplay though. Feels like a game that could be really really big. I thought a great ending to the show too - something unexpected.

ā€œEvery game we make is a little different for the last,ā€ says Co-Creative Director Ricardo Bare. ā€œDishonored featured stealth. Prey leveraged tons of physics-related gameplay. Mooncrash introduced rogue-like elements. Despite those differences, in every case our focus remains on deep world building and inventive game mechanics. The same will be true of Redfall.ā€

Sounds like they know what theyā€™re doing.

7 Likes

TGA awards would be my guess because they cannot wait until next E3 because the game would technically be out just a few months later.

I wonder what type of coop shooter this will be. Iā€™m hoping more in the vein of borderlands. A nice mix of RPG and gear. But my interest is peaked and with it being 4 player coop that should be good for me and my friends.

1 Like

A more story driven L4D would be amazing.

Itā€™s Arkane, of course they know what theyā€™re doing. Theyā€™re a top quality studio.

Iā€™m one of the people who were immediately disappointed to see that Redfall is another multi-player game. I apologise to everyone if that comes across as needless negativity, I honestly donā€™t mean it that way. Itā€™s just how I feel. I loved the Dishonoured series & really hope to see more of that kind of thing from Arkane now that they have the full financial backing of MS.

But of course Iā€™m going to wait & see more info on Redfall. Itā€™ll be on Game Pass, so thereā€™ll be no harm in trying the game before I make any final judgement.

I will say that trailer had a fun vibe which I liked. Seems like it will be a violent horror comedy. I like that.

You have to remember this game was started before Microsoft bought them. And since Bethesda was not doing the best financially making games that could draw in more money were probably easier to green light.

1 Like

Before I call it a multiplayer game Iā€™d first want to know how the singleplayer works tbh. Chances of me playing it with 3-4 people are the highest though. :smiley:

1 Like

This was a very good trailer if you ask me. Arkane has delivered some great games, no doubt this will be a great title once it releases.

This game was green lighted after Prey bombed and Zenimax was hungry for cash-in, like Youngblood, initial F76 and Deathloop, all online service games from strictly single player developers (F76 is a slightly different case, because its main studios is former Battlecry).

Atomic Heart looked really cool! Definitely has my attention.

Such a ridiculous shame that Prey didnā€™t do well. You can tell that the intention of the studio was to make a sequel , thatā€™s one thing the ending made really clear. :frowning:

Not to take anything away from the games, but these seemingly are products from when Zenimax changed so much,had that not happened we might have gotten SP only stuff from both studios. Iā€™m not gonna lie, I hope to see Arkane go back to that.

1 Like

I think after Redfall and Deathloop Arkane might come back to its story driven single player rpg/fps style, bar incredible successes of these two titles, you never know. Deathloop is a tougher sell being 80ā‚¬ on PS5 and not on GP on pc.

I truly hope so because after BGS Arkane is by far my favourite studio from Bethesda, solely for their SP because Iā€™m such a big SP fan. So when Xbox bought them I was hoping we would see this continued, but I forgot that Zenimax was changing their approach a while ago too,so this and Deathloop are likely products of that.

Xbox has never scrapped anything from their acquisitions (bar PS5 ports of Starfield, Redfall and who know what else, lmao), they even release to its death Bleeding Edge when they could have easily dropped it.

In this case Arkane Austin was still Zenimax funded, it was not a indie situation like BE, Wasteland 3, Psychonauts 2, etcā€¦so it is still a big deal and it might be successful, even more so with MS additional funding.

Iā€™m not a huge fan of Arkane immersive sims (they are great games objectively, but not my favourite falvour of rpg), so the change itā€™s welcome and itā€™s for this reason I was so bummed by Deathloop PS5 situation.