Redfall: See How Jacob Got His Mysterious Powers

That’s…ridiculous. Come on. Its 2023. First mode - irrespective of anything else HAS to be 60FPS! Unless its full of ray tracing…which its not…

2 Likes

If this is because they cant run 60fps on series x. Incompetence

If this is because they need to get 60fps on series s…bullshit. ignore 60fps for series s.

Oh wow that’s bad. I mean literally terrible.

Just delay this thing. I’m not playing a first person shooter at 30 fps. You can’t just unwind time & go back to when 30 fps was the norm. People have bigger tv’s now (this matters) & people have become used to 60 fps.

If game devs think they can get away with 30 fps for such high profile releases (especially first person), they’re wrong. This is a huge, huge mistake & they’ll suffer from it in terms of initial reception & player count drop off.

30FPS also looks worse for some reason on 120Hz TVs than it did on older 60Hz sets…

Yeah, I’m out now. At least until it’s patched, but even then it may be too late .

This only confirmed a SERIES X PRO in 2025 IMO LOL.

Real current gen only games will not all be hitting 60FPS.

We all have to keep it real. If they keep pushing graphics, we will be back at 30FPS again on console unless a PRO version comes.

Have to remember that Series X and PS5 are 2070 Super PC equivalent. PC graphics specs. It gone to be hard getting 60 on everything.

For. 120. 40fps is better.

They literaly said at a later date. So delay the damn game. If they said no 60 period. Youd have a point.

So whats the point of putting it out later? Youve had enough time and its een delayed already. Delay it again .

1 Like

If it were that simple to delay everything? Then Halo would have been delay again, but no… it not that easy.

60fps mode for Redfall is coming later, meaning they need more time with optimization on console. Console are still far behind current powerful PC.

No shit. Consoles are 500 bucks. No pc on earth for 500 will run half these games even at 30.

Thats besides the point. Halo ran absolutely fine at launch. Just too much content people wanted at one go. Redfaol doesnt have a content problem. No the more time thing is what they got. Youve had time. If you need more time. Delay the game. Simple.

1 Like

I agree with delaying, but Halo had massive content issues that required it pushing back, not a performance one.

Probably the engine. DF said UE 4 struggles with open world games especially ones Coop and tethering which is why Gotham knights was 30fps. This is one reason why I’m not in favor of the change to Unreal for Halo. The engine in showcases have been amazing to see but in the real world has been fraught with inconsistencies. The Ark 2 developers are only the most recent. This game should have been built on Id tech or their previous engines.

1 Like

I dont care about content issues. You can add more content later to prolongue the experience if you want. Msny games do it via dlc. Halo infinite had a lengthy campaign and free solid MP. Ran 60fps at launch on series x.

And your point about Pcs is kind of silly. Watch redfall be horribly optimised for pc as well.

Theres no excuse for this gsme not to have 60fps mode for X at launch. Ms need to ignore arkane and delay the game. July has a free slot. 2 months before stsrfield. Delay it till july. No problem.

1 Like

Halo Infinite literally died down because of content, performance was the least of the issues, the lack of content was tolerated under the promise of a short time like it happened with Sea of Thieves, instead, first two seasons were devoid of content and running twice the length it was promised, and stuff like coop that was running okay on the old gen was scrapped out for that version and came only for PC and next gen a year later.

What point of PCs? I didn’t say anything, i’ve said in another thread that Dishonored 2 and Deathloop had major performance issues worse than consoles.

Not you the other guy. Halo’s problems aren’t just content. People used that as an excuse. Fact is Halo just isn’t where it was before. They spent too much time making the wrong content.

As for PC’s…I’m talking about PC’s being far superior as an issue with console performance

Thats horseshit. Its the engines involved. Look at Doom last gen and MGSV. MGSV fucking ran 60FPS as an open world game back in 2015.

People still using outdated garbage engines and using them excuse for not optimising. Again…not developers fault. Publishers for not investing into new engines

1 Like

Wrong content? Game wasn’t shipping with any coop, was missing Forge for a whole year too, had less content being added over time compared to Halo 5 in the same timespan.

Dishonored 2 and Deathloop were running on id Tech, the Void Engine was a fork from it, specifically from Wolfenstein The New Order, a game that ran 60 FPS even on PS360.

I’m not seeing a jump in graphics which justifies downgrading the frame rate in any current game releases on PS5 or Xbox Series X.

I could get the 30 fps explanation in 2013, i.e. the jump from the PS360 generation to the OnePS4 generation was quite substantial & we weren’t getting 60 fps anyway in most AAA games, but now? Especially after game devs prioritised pixel counts during the 4K HDR revolution & people got bigger tv’s with High Dynamic Range which makes lower frame rate content way worse? No, frame rate hasn’t just become a talking point through nit-picking or unrealistic expectations but because it’s literally the first element which makes a modern game feel next-gen to play.

30 fps is a step backwards & no visual leap from last gen is anywhere near good enough to justify that drop (especially from what we’ve seen with Redfall).

That right console will never equal PC, so keep the expectation in check and do not ask for 60fps on everthing lol.

Delaying Redfall again will really fuck with MS schedule, so i don’t think they will delay again lol.

Redfall is still getting 60fps option later. You act like it not? It just delay.

PS5 and Series X GPU are already over 2 gen behind when compare to the latest PC GPU. Do you really think 60fps on console will hold up through this whole gen? if no Pro version console comes?

I have a hard time seeing that, especially in truly current gen only open world game.

But how long do we wait for the patch? Are we talking days? Weeks? … or?

And what sort of player count will this game have by then if there’s a drop off after release due to the poor performance?

Redfall is an Unreal Engine 4 game. It’s not “latest PC Tech” & it most certainly does not require a Pro version of the Series X to hit 60 fps. There’s no explanation why it runs so badly they couldn’t guarantee 60 fps at launch on the Series X. It’s a major screw-up.

2 Likes

Who cares about the players count? I’m playing solo so i can’t give a rat ass about no players count LOL.

Redfall is Open world. All of Arkane’s past games are not open world.

Open world = more demanding.

Unless you work for Arkane, you don’t know the situation. If they said no 60fps option ever… then yeah you can go hard at them, but there will be a 60fps option. They just need more time.

BTW if you truly must have 60fps? then just get a PC. I’m Serious.