Redfall previews

I’m watching the Easy allies one now… I usually don’t watch their stuff, but Huber is the one I like the most.

It sounds like a game where a hardcore mode would fit a lot of people well.

1 Like

Honestly, those are my priorities in most games.

4 Likes

I agree, but combat is the main focus of this game and is in the forefront more so than any other Arkane game.

I saw this in the VGC preview but not any details really. What could they mean with system driven?

While hardcore fans may be a little disappointed at its less system-driven approach, Redfall is shaping up to be the studio’s strongest shooter to date.

I’m assuming they mean less immersive sim i.e. Prey and more shooter

and yeah. as for the AI talk, hopefully they can tweak it before launch and make them somewhat decent

The fact that the vampire AI seems to be alright would suggest it’s more of a design choice than them not able to make good AI

Deathloop’s AI was intentionally dumb but considering the amount of complaints that had, at the very least offer different settings for people that don’t want to deal with your intentionally dumb AI, some people want an actual challenge

Not to mention immersion breaking

1 Like

I could be wrong, but it was on default (Normal?) settings.

1 Like

According to the previews, all of those are present and done very well in Redfall.

This was a pretty good Q&A.

1 Like

Thought I was locked in playing Devinder for awhile but after seeing Layla’s abilities in action I’m stuck choosing between her and Devinder again.

I wish the graphics were a little bit more impressive, but the art style more than makes up for it. I wasn’t much looking forward to the game as it looked so much just like a multi player game, but after the recent previews it looks a top game and I simply can’t wait

Turning this thread into a list of who got to go to the Redfall preview.

Arkane have always been about art style over graphical fidelity.

I watched Colt’s video and the gameplay he shows I have to agree that visually it really isn’t all that. It does its job, but there remains something for me missing with the graphics. The lighting perhaps? And maybe it’s a dynamic weather/wind kind of thing but the trees weren’t moving at all, super static. It’s just things that after many games with swaying foliage I notice.

It won’t hurt the gameplay any bit, but it does take away from the overall experience. Perhaps it’s done to make sure the performance can stay super steady, but it isn’t exactly super steady yet in the footage.

You can always go back to playing Forza.

Or Gears, or RDR2, or BF, GTA etc. Not really getting what your point is, sorry.

Even original Xbox games had games where foliage and other things like clothes, flags were not static. I realize that to this day we still have games where foliage is static, small and big games but I wish at least the AAA studios would nail this.

If you were to play RDR2 and every bit of foliage is static, doesn’t react to player movement at all, it would absolutely take away from the overall experience, I love how it all reacts and sways realistically in that game. It may not be of any importance to everyone, but it definitely is for me.

If a game like Ghost of tsushima had completely static foliage it would look very off, it really adds immensely to the atmosphere there.

Long story short, I guess Arkane just doesn’t care much about it.

2 Likes

We know there is a dynamic day/night cycle, so that could be part of it. But also, the vampires have pushed back the sea and blocked out the sun, so it’s possible that created a bubble where there is little to no weather.

There is? Oh I didn’t know that. Interesting part about the vampires. I guess that could explain it too. :slight_smile:

I was hoping for better Gfx, it looks really last gen. Still I should wait until the final game

1 Like