Redfall gameplay revealed - launching 2023

Looks good and the map looks massive too i will go solo of course

Haven’t read the IGN article yet but is there loot drops in the game like Borderlands or not at all? Thanks.

I believe there is loot based on leaks

Okay, thanks.

2._Vampire_Nest_Exploration.jpg (3840×2160) (ctfassets.net)

3._Downtown.jpg (3840×2160) (ctfassets.net)

4._Jacob-s_Raven.jpg (3840×2160) (ctfassets.net)

5._Lighthouse.jpg (3840×2160) (ctfassets.net)

8._Pushed_Back_Tides.jpg (3840×2160) (ctfassets.net)

4 Likes

This wasn’t even on my radar, bit after seeing the gameplay showcase today I’m definitely in Day 1. Game looks clean AF and a lot of fun to play, really dig the tone of the game to be honest.

2 Likes

I just hope this game is fun solo play because I don’t think my friend circle is into these type of shooters :frowning:

1 Like

I scrolled up and saw the pics posted by Predrag and the first picture shows “loadout” and it says “sort by” with rating, quality, etc. plus the weapons are in blue/purple boxes so yeah, I believe that there’s loot in the game. Would have been nice to see it get showcased during the gameplay trailer.

Looky what’s gone from the menu. And they say MS buying Zenimax wouldn’t make a difference.

4 Likes

I wasnt initally into this game but after seeing rhe gameplay and more of the story revealsd, its become one of my most anticipated.

1 Like

I think this game would benefit from a solo walk through of a mission shown at the extended showcase. So people can get there heads around how it works as a solo game

1 Like

Yeah, really don’t get the L4D comparisons. Seems way more Borderlands/Division to me.

This one legit looked horrible imho. Nothing was next gen about it, it didn’t look fun to me and they keep saying there is Arkane DNA baked into the experience but we’ve yet to see anything resembling that despite a fairly deep dive into it today. I had low expectations for this one but it limbo’d right under that bar unfortunately.

I felt the exact opposite lol - the gameplay looked really fun to me.

I don’t think Arkane is known for graphical chops, though this game has a nice clean look imo.

1 Like

They have always been known for great visual presentation (PREY, Dishonored 1 and 2). And rich storytelling, and lots of player agency wrt how to utilize their skills to further explore the world. Almost none of that was present in the trailer imho.

1 Like

Clean but not all the way, even in the very low res stream I noticed aliasing and in the 4K video later even more. I wish death on aliasing man, I just hate it so much. Doesn’t help that I came from a ultra clean game like RDR2 but really, 2022-2023 aliasing should be a thing of the past.

IMO, this game’s visual presentation is no worse than any of those games.

As for storytelling, won’t judge until I get to play.

I think they did show enough to highlight some level of player agency in the gameplay imo.

1 Like

I agree as some parts of the trailer looked more polished than others.

1 Like

The real reason for the Redfall delay is because the gas prices aren’t realistic…

4 Likes