Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (new trailer)

@peter42O Do you still think this game will get delayed? :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p_gg9UW9k4

The power of Sony - 500K views in 5 hours and that’s just through PS’ own channel, jesus fucking christ lmao

Edit: 570k now.

Sheeeeeesh

2 Likes

It looks like a playable pixar. I’m tempted to try the remake they gave for Play at home. I’m not sure it’s my type of game, but it looks fun.

As a Xbox only owner(saving for decent car>buying PS5) this makes me jelly AF.

I wish Rare made games to this polish and character today. Xbox do not have an answer for this.

1 Like

Great… now I’m a furry.

5 Likes

Oh my, that looks lovely.

Yeah, no doubt Im getting this

Ryse was at launch and that was a pretty huge leap. I think this gen is going to be about more of what we had last gen, more effects, more polys, more on screen characters, more realistic NPCs. I dont think we are going to get the visuaks we have seen from crazy tech demos, some will come close but not as good overall.

For one, Rare doesn’t seem to want to make these kinds of games anymore, and secondly, if Everwild lives up to the “Eternals” trailer, it’s easily gonna be one of the best looking games, like ever. I know this is a cinematic (I don’t agree with people simply assuming this is in-engine with zero proof) but from what I see, nothing in here is about fidelity or density of sheer detail like R&C, it’s the art direction, the shaders and character/creature design, which look timeless and I’m sure Rare shall pull it off in-game as well.

Looks real good. Not the kind of game that would sell a system for me, but something I’d enjoy checking out down the line.

In 6-7 hours that trailer will have garnered half the views the Halo Infinite Gameplay reveal has received in 9 months.

1 Like

Is the prominent Parler user James Arnold Taylor still voicing Ratchet in this game? I would most certainly hope he is not…

For one, it’s expected cuz Sony simply has the much bigger user/fanbase so shit just markets itself at this point. Secondly, the game is the first true PS5 game from Sony internal and it helps that the game itself looks incredible.

Halo Infinite gameplay reveal had everything going for it but the visuals, they were caught up in a fucking nightmare at the worst time leading up to console launch, where your premier launch title holds implicit responsibility of demonstrating the need for that console and Halo simply failed to do that while R&C clearly does (at least on a surface level).

But IMO from what I’ve seen of both, Halo Infinite still feels like a much more fun game to play despite not looking anywhere as high fidelity as R&C so there’s that. If everything goes well, these views and shit won’t matter one bit as the game itself shall constantly be generating viewership and be on top slots in streaming all the damn time.

2 Likes

That looked amazing! I’ve said it in the past and still stand that this is one of the tentpole titles for now current gen features and graphics. I need to get a PS5 sooner than later it seems.

Please don’t bring unnecessary comparisons into threads.

Thanks.

2 Likes

It is mostly because PS has grown their YouTube presence much better than Xbox, Xbox used to take a long time to release the same trailer while PS YouTube already had the trailer up, Xbox 4 million, PS 13 million subs tells you all you need to know.

Xbox chooses not to hold all their 1st party games videos to their own channel instead allowing games like Halo, Forza, SoT to all have the individual channel, this decreases the virality of the main channel hence less subs, also PS has obviously had the much better exclusive content and playerbase, so hype spreader to more ppl.

Halo Infinite gameplay trailer on Halo channel almost 9 million views, Xbox channel less than 2 million. This doesn’t help the Xbox channel grow. Halo channel should not get the same priority as the Xbox channel but hey that’s Xbox social media for you. Atleast their twitter accounts are baller.

3 Likes

Looks really good, getting tempted on a PS5 with Returnal and this, but not pulling the trigger just yet.

That’s if you can get one lol.

I can’t stand the current design and can’t actually fit the damn thing in my unit right now. Mainly waiting for a Slim, I think.

Me and you are in the same boat then. I don’t like the design, especially the disc based version which is the one I want to get - it looks like it has a growth :unamused:. Plus I don’t really have room for it. So I am going to wait for a slim version. By then, all of the first wave games would have released, so there will be a lot for me to play.

Lots of other games were brought up in this thread before I even posted that.

No.