Rare has revealed the 2022 content map & is closing down PvP mode Arena

this sucks but I played aroud 700 hours of SOT and the amount of times where i happend to engage with someone like this is below 1%

That stuff really isn’t that common, but obviously those things linger in the mind. The vast vast majority of players don’t shit on Tall Talers. Checkpoints and swapping servers helps avoid that stuff when it occurs, though.

The fact is, it’s a multiplayer game built on the principle of pirating. If you want to play a game with no threat of losing your loot then play something else :man_shrugging:

You miss the point. Sea of Thieves is not supposed to be PVE / PVP game thats the whole point of it and why it is such a succses.

PvP isn’t just about fighting, though. It’s about interactions. It’s about seeing other ships on the horizon and knowing that you’re not alone in the world. It’s about tukking and trolling other people for a non-combative giggle. It’s a pirate-themed chat room.

I can not wait for those new story driven live events. We have to save Golden Sands and got one less outpost which will change the dynamic in the west completly ^^

Yeah it’s something I’ve wanted for a while. Having people in on the conversation.

PvE-servers could do a lot to increase the threat from PvE though. I doubt NPC’s would call a 10-year old ¤%&#()“=” , camp and harass them for an hour or two and that would be good enough for most.

Ignoring the fact that it’s a 12+ rated game, you’re just focussing on that one same occurrence rather than concentrating on the significant amount of time that that doesn’t happen.

Like any other MP game, if that sort of toxicity happens you report, change servers and move on.

Im not sure but you can mute every player and even disable that chat but I have to confirm that

You can mute player chat yep.

I have a lot of examples, I just use that one since it has no defendable point whatsoever.

I have played a lot and had a lot of interactions with assholes, as well as many who just avoid any contact, and a handful of these nice crews that you describe.

2 Likes

Yes, muted camping is better but not really more fun though is it?

One thing i do miss from EVE is that the gankers where at least not ashamed to admit that that is what they are. The pirate corps never pretended to be looking for fair fights, it was all about making someones day miserable. There is at least honesty in that.

Tall Tales have savepoints now. You could change the server when attacked and simply continue elsewhere if they troll you.

1 Like

At the end of the day it’s a game that is entirely built around the principle of interaction. The Tall Tales and quests aren’t the goal, they’re a reason to get you out on the seas.

It’s a multiplayer game. Asking for PvE servers is asking for it to be something it fundamentally isn’t.

So anyone attacking is doing it because they want to make others playtime misserable? I dont think so.

Tall Tales are not a tool to engage with other players I have to disagree there

They’re there to encourage more people to interact with the multiplayer world - people who are more interested in stories than loot.

That’s good! Too late now, but it’s nice they recognised it as a problem. I might go back and do some solo then. I’m not joking when I say that I’m the only one left in my circle due to these things.

I don’t think multiplayer = PvP though… :wink:

No, not everyone. But a lot of them attacking tall talers, fishing sloops, spawn camping etc. definitely are. Attacking the same ship which the third time beyond any doubt is not carrying any loot and don’t want to fight. You know the people I’m talking about.

No I agree, and I think the use (including my own) of PvP to describe SoT is flawed. It’s an MP game.

Ehh not really, I never wanted to engage with other players while doing Tall Tales. everything else? yes. But then comes the fact you can still everything in the World while doing them. I think with the checkpoints they striked a good balance and that new tells often move you into a area without other players or are centert in a way you dont normaly engage with other players (edge of the map)