Psychonauts 2 releases on August 25 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs

Double Fine is already for 2 years in the Xbox family, Psychonauts 2 will be published by Xbox Game Studios and it’ll be available for full price of $60. I don’t understand why Microsoft couldn’t handle on its own physical releases for this game.

Especially they did physicals for Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice after the acquisition and despite it wasn’t published by Microsoft. They even put Microsoft Studios logo on the back of cover art. That’s completely strange if we compare this to lack of Psychonauts 2 retail.

Another thing? RAD is still not available on Xbox Game Pass and it’ll be available for free through Prime Gaming in July. We already had/have some games published by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment in catalogue but RAD still didn’t get there.

Minecraft Dungeons was released physically a few months after release. I don’t get it why. Especially they already showed box art at E3 2019.

I think Double Fine had many legacy contracts, much more than Ninja Theory, being also an indie publisher. For example I think Mojang is even more strange as a first party studios, they are practically indepent.

I really need a weird platformer adventure game like this.

If it’s anything like the first it will be one hell of a special platformer with a lot of heart and love and a story better than…well…any other 3D platformer.

Can not wait!

2 Likes

I don’t buy physical, haven’t for almost 10 years now (except for Nintendo since they don’t seem to have any continuity between their consoles). But, a Limited Run Special Edition Psychonauts 2? I’d buy it in a heartbeat!

1 Like

For as neat as Psychonauts is, some of the platforming and camera have aged like cheese.

1 Like

So beating Psychonauts 2 and getting all achievements should’nt be a very frustrating experience. nice!

1 Like

I don’t mind a challenge, but it should always be fun. This is good news because I loved getting everything in the first one.

2 Likes

The embargo will drop on August 23rd, a couple of days before the game releases. The embargo will be removed at 6:00 PST / 9:00 EST / 14:00 BST.

3 Likes

so basically tomorrow. Shiiiiyut hopefully it’s a one two knockout where Psychonauts 2 gets rave reviews and the Gamescom stream on 24th has something good (not including Halo release date of course which they need to give now that both CoD and BF have)

1 Like

Yeah ,really hoping for some great numbers for Double Fine too.

Come on Double Fine! They are low key one of the best pick ups MS made! Let’s see if it’s as good as I hope it is.

3 Likes

Just under 12 hours until reviews

1 Like

Seeing as how much they’re pushing Gamepass this isn’t surprising. It makes it a more enticing purchase for those who don’t already have it.

More surprising is lack of physical release for the game costing full retail price… :pleading_face:

expecting Limited Run Games to make them for Playstation 4 at this point lmfao

1 Like

When do reviews drop UK time?

About now-ish!

Via @Klobrille Psychonauts 2 shines by delivering an absurd amount of creativity to the player. The story is filled with heart. The gameplay is smooth and fun. The character cast and the environments show incredible diversity throughout the entire experience. The next brain you’ll visit will always be more even more creative than the last, and the game does all that while also being absolutely gorgeous to look at.

Psychonauts 2 is the best game Double Fine has ever created and the best release by Xbox first-party in many years.

5 Likes

As I said in the review thread, this is going to make my wait for playing the game very hard at work until Wednesday. Wow it sounds like everything I wanted and maybe more than I expected!

Yeah cheers mate reading the reviews now …amazing scores …can’t wait for this