Psychonauts 2 releases on August 25 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs

Originally published at: Psychonauts 2 releases on August 25 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs - XboxEra

Psychonauts 2, the highly-anticipated sequel to the 2005 cult comedy classic, releases on August 25 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs, joining the Game Pass catalogue for console, PC and cloud on day one!

Psychonauts 2 is an exciting journey through the mind filled with the signature Double Fine humor and heart, and a touch of next-level platforming. You play as Razputin Aquato, a trained acrobat and powerful young psychic, who has realized his lifelong dream of joining the international psychic espionage organization known as the Psychonauts. But these psychic super spies are in trouble. Raz must use his powers to bring the murderous psychic villain, Maligula, back from the dead! Check out the video above and get psyched!

7 Likes

The game is up for pre-order… and it is surprisingly $60.

3 Likes

The more they have shown the more it surprises me how much creativity DoubleFine has for bringing such a unique vision to life. It’s stunning and I can’t wait to play it, as well as see what they do next.

This game is going to be an underrated hit, I can already tell.

This is one of the games I have earmarked as soon as it is available. Honestly, I’m hungry for anything that isn’t an FPS from MS

This game just needs to come out now. I am there and just want to play it now lol.

Psychonauts 2 will support VRR and… 120 fps!

2 Likes

Listening to the Xbox Two podcast and Jez said he has heard the game has dozens of hours of content and that it is bigger than a lot of people may realise. I can believe that judging by how long it has taken to make the game and an important reminder to those who were complaining and wondering whether there was any potential issues at the studio. No, it is just that the team is small and had big ambitions for the game.

3 Likes

I hope Game Pass will do this game justice, this might be the best platform of the year considering is creative lead, not preorders lead.

2 Likes

I think it will, especially if the game is critically well received.

This game looks insaaaane, I loved Tim talking about it on the Showcase Extended.

3 Likes

Listening to Tim Schaefer talking at length about all of that crazy depth this game’s story has while watching the video with the out-there visuals & insanely varied gameplay elements…

tenor

4 Likes

Awesome!

8 Likes

Somewhat disappointing… :pleading_face:

Especially for a game costs full price (US$59.99/€59.99/£54.99) and published by major first-player company.

I was planning to get physical releases for Xbox (to the collection) and PlayStation 4 (because of Xbox Game Studios :smirk:) together when they would be available. Looks like I have to wait much longer or not at all unfortunately.

After watching today’s presentation, I’m sure this game may be triple size comparing to the first game. Tim Schaffer detailed lots of content and a more richer game than Psychonauts 1.

Currently playing through the Milkman level on Psychonauts.

1 Like

Psyvhonauts 2 is going to be one tough platformer.

I wonder what is the hold up. Don’t they have a partnership with Limited Run?

Unless DoubleFine had a previous partnership or agreement with a different manufacturer for mass producing discs.

This genuinely looks like Xbox’s Mario Odyssey…

…but better?

1 Like

Absolutely possible. SMO sadly didn’t do it exactly for me.

1 Like