PS5 games can't be stored on external drives!

I’m not talking about exclusives, I just mean games made this this gen, but backwards compatible games that didn’t have an SSD in mind when they were made.

Microsoft has done a great job on hardware and functionality. Makes one wonder why Sony took some of the decisions they have taken or why there was a lack of foresight.

1 Like

The PS5 was meant to come out in 2019 a year before XSX.

3 Likes

Right now something came to my mind. PS5 shipped without a browser and Sony claimed they see it as something useless, but we know that they intended to launch PS5 with a browser, since the PS5 settings section includes browser configuration. I don’t think it’s difficult to believe that Sony removed the browser (or disabled, as it seems now) before PS5 release to avoid people (or even Microsoft) using it to play on xCloud because it was very recently that Microsoft revealed it will work on an alternative way to bring xCloud to iOS, probably through the browser.

2 Likes

Possible, but if it was coded anything like the PS4 one good luck getting it to run anything like xCloud.

I had the same thought wrt the browser thing.

3 Likes

Not to flex, but I’m feeling real comfy on Xbox with my 1 TB expansion card and 1 TB of external SSD storage. I would be screwed if the XSX only had 650 GB to work with. This is an update that PlayStation needs to prioritize and get out ASAP if not certify third-party drives already.

3 Likes