PS5 games can't be stored on external drives!

2 Likes

What the fuck? Why!?!?

3 Likes

Yea there has been a slew of weird/bad news about the PS5 today.

This is specially bad considering the overall SSD space is small and Sony confirmed you can’t expand the SSD storage at launch.

5 Likes

They should have told this before the pre order.

Shady practice :person_facepalming:

5 Likes

Plus, games are loading faster on series X.

4 Likes

Wait what? Really? Haven’t been keeping up with the latest. Read about the no Quick Resume on PS5 either. Crazy.

Yes! Only BC games are tested right now.

Yea finally got to see the comparisons. The Series X also blows the PS5 away when booting from standby mode. Really did not expect this.

The Velocity Architecture is the real deal.

1 Like

WTF HOW!!?? another win for Xbox kudos to the hardware team

4 Likes

I thought SSD on PS5 will be a pure first class experience with wins every where.

2 Likes

PS5 games can’t be stored on external drives

It has even less storage left than Sony was stating.

It still can’t be expanded with another SSD internal drive.

And now, you can’t store games on a traditional USB drive.

I am sure that won’t matter for both gaming media and “influencers” on their PS5 reviews, they won’t even mention these points - and even if they mention them, I am quite sure they will magically be turned into “non-issues” -, but we have been hearing for months and months how all these 3 things were “issues” on the Xbox Series consoles. Actually, reviews are already ignoring these issues.

But there are people who say that we overreact about their bias - even here.

Seriously?

6 Likes

I hope they plan to fix this. While this won’t impact me that much (since the PS5 will be my secondary console), this will be a pretty big deal to some people.

2 Likes

I don’t why it’s not possible! Totally bizarre. This asks a question!

Is Sony keeping there PS5 games on there servers on similar PS5 SSD?

1 Like

This is entirely messed up.

2 Likes

This is unimaginable.

4 Likes

Oooofffffff can’t imagine trying to use 600gb at all. I’ve bought 2 external hdds, 1 for BC games, 1 for XSX games to store on. Both hdds already ready to connect to my XSX and start playing asap

So you’ll have to delete the games and then re-download them if you want to play them again?

1 Like

Basically.

1 Like

Again, this is something that MS would have been absolutely crucified for. But alas here we are. As seemingly every negative is just a “non issue” :thinking:

8 Likes

That’s disappointing. 665GB won’t last long and having literally no expansion options at launch is…baffling. Even just to STORE them would be fine.

3 Likes