PS5 comes with PS4 pro hdmi cable - UPDATE: From IGN Italy

There was never a tweet from Sony, it was from a german publication they said they got that info from a Sony representative. Quite honestly, the communication on this by Sony is a mess. And all that mess for a HDM cable.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! Was off a few days so I had to catch up. Wow indeed you’re right why such fog around. The cable reference cannot technically correspond to an hdmi 2.1.

It was strange for me hearing Sony confirming it was hdmi 2.1 while it is 2.0 and same as ps4 pro. Otherwise they would have been upfront from the start and said it 1st.

I ask also cause my friends are buying a ps5 and don’t like this whole mess of communication too and want more clarity on the subject.

Update from IGN Italy

1 Like

But tbf to them, that’s a huge overreaction. AFAIK there’s no difference in cables when it comes to version, the build quality is all that matters. I’m pretty sure that even a launch xbone cable would do just fine on hdmi 2.1 ports.

1 Like

Good that they confirmed it officially does have HDMI 2.1. Wonder wtf is up with the preview kits not having it.