PS4 games playable on PS5 consoles:
The overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles.
- Select PS4 games will benefit from the PS5 console’s Game Boost, which may make PS4 games run with a higher or smoother frame rate.
- Although many PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles, some functionalities that were available on the PS4 console may not be available on PS5 consoles. In addition, some PS4 games may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior when played on PS5 consoles.
- Before purchasing add-ons to play with your PS4 games on PS5 consoles, please try to boot and play your PS4 games on your PS5 console to see if you are happy with the play experience.
- Please note, playing PS VR games on a PS5 console requires a PlayStation VR headset, a PS camera (sold separately from PS5 console) and a PS camera adaptor (no purchase required).
- Always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software.
PS4 only games:
While the majority of PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles, below is a list of PS4 games that are playable on PS4 only. On PlayStation™Store, PS4 games that are not playable on the PS5 console will be marked with ‘Playable on: PS4 only’.
PS4 only games:
- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
- TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
- Just Deal With It!
- Shadow Complex Remastered
- Robinson: The Journey
- We Sing
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Joe’s Diner
Transferring Save Files:
Transfer digital games from a PS4 console to a PS5 console
- You can transfer digital games and saved data from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using WiFi data transfer.
- You can access PS4 games on a PS5 console directly from a PS5 extended storage drive.
PS5 backwards compatibility limitations
- The SHARE menu cannot be displayed during PS4 gameplay on PS5 consoles. You can take screenshots and images by pressing the create button on your DualSense wireless controller to show the create menu. Additionally, you can use the button shortcuts to start/stop video recording or to save screenshots as follows:
- Single press the create (DualSense) or SHARE button (DUALSHOCK4) to show the create menu
- Press and hold the create (DualSense) or SHARE button (DUALSHOCK4) to take a screenshot
- Double press the create (DualSense) or SHARE button (DUALSHOCK4) to start and stop video recording manually.
- The HD Camera is not compatible with PS4 games – please connect a PlayStation Camera via a PlayStation®Camera adaptor.
- HDR is automatically switched on for PS5 consoles. To turn off HDR, go to Settings > Screen and Video > Video Output > HDR and select SDR .
- The PS4 tournaments feature is not supported on PS5 consoles.
- In-Game Live from PlayStation is not supported on PS5 consoles.
- PS5 consoles do not support the PS4 Second Screen app or game companion apps.