PS5 and Xbox X|S Pre Order Discussion

From what I read from a user he/she was told that you can only pay off the remaining amount when there is like 6 months left. You cannot do it after 1 or 2 months.

I would suggest your friend contacts Xbox or reads the terms and conditions, as this could be wrong information, but I am sure this is what I read but I cannot remember where.

1 Like

Ah thanks a lot for the clarification! Much appreciated :+1:

I’m glad that it’s going to be at 11am here in Canada. I’ll be at work so I won’t really be productive lol, but I think I’ll be fine getting my preorder in for a Series X and 1TB SSD.

We need to know the prices of the accessories too. I guess they will reveal them soon.

Thats a good point. Im in the SW of England and a second lock down could really mess with my plans.

Thanks

I’m considering Smyths as well, wondering if getting there for 7:30 would be early enough? I’m honestly just going to try online, we don’t know what store allocations will be like.

I was hoping 200$ Canadian as that would bring my total to around 920$ I think after taxes for console and SSD. I accumulate a little over 50$ per month on cash back with my credit card so by November I’ll be at over 500$ already so over half of it is covered. But 900$ is still quite a lot so I’ll only be getting 1 game at launch which is Watch_Dogs Legion.

We already know the co troller price, I’m Guessing the main one we are missing is the SSD? Don’t think they’ve announced a new headset or a webcam or anything like that?

Yep I want to know the expansion cards prices indeed. They announced some stuff compatible recently.

The problem isn’t the time. The problem is the bots you will be dealing with - scalpers know exactly when and where the preorders open up, and they will be ready. I observed it with the 3080 yesterday, especially at Nvidia’s site. It literally never even brought up the option to order before flipping to out of stock. Read an article on this, and apparently the bots were connecting to the backend of the system and carving out all the stock. Unless a company actively deploys measures against them …

That is why Amazon isn’t so bad, because they have some security measures in place. However, being in Canada I think you will have a shot with the inflated prices, because there is less profit to be had. Good luck to you.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/how-a-bot-bought-dozens-of-rtx-3080-units-before-consumers-could-grab-them

I was at the gym the day PS5 preorders opened up. I had the PS5 in my cart (disc version) for over an hour and a half before I actually got to my car to verify my security code on my credit card as I couldn’t remember it and place my order and it still wasn’t sold out. That was Walmart Canada. I’m not planning to keep the console, but seeing how it was still available I’m one of the motherfuckers who will try to flip it for money, or sell it for the same price to a friend who couldn’t secure a pre order (I might already have someone actually). So if the situation is the same with Xbox I’ll be fine, although considering they announced the time this time around, maybe the bots will be an issue. I really hope I get an X though, already bought the oled for it!

I’ll have best buy, Amazon and Microsoft store all open at the same time. Worst case I’ll ask my guys at work to each have a computer open to help me preorder lol. Doesn’t cost anything anyway, I can always cancel later on and only keep one.

I am thinking about trying to flip my PS5 as well. I don’t expect the same issues in places like Canada, because of the inflated prices if I wasn’t clear before. I’m hoping to be able to secure an X just by being vigilant on Tuesday.

1 Like

I’ve put all my eggs in the MS online store just want the date to get here so I can see if it goes pear shaped.

Wow is this right? Series X in Canada is $599? Ms store here is showing it at that price. Thats amazing if true

That’s right - not a typo!

I’m in Canada and am torn between MS Store online, Amazon or going into an EB Games.

I’ve never pre ordered a console online and am worried about not getting it launch day.

1 Like

Yea I got my wife trying on Amazon and ms store to since I feel like they will be better set up for the preorder

How do preorders work on the online MS store? Do I pay it immediately or… Basically when do I have to have money ready?

In Canada, I don’t think online will be much of a problem. However, the Nvidia debacle opened my eyes as to how much can go wrong with a timed launch. I know in the US, I will be going to GameStop early in a small town, and will surf the online sites while waiting. Because I expect online to be a straight up disaster

MS needs a queue system like Apple. When you order a new iPhone you may not get it on launch day - they have phases. But at least you aren’t greeted with a “sold out” sign either.

1 Like

Thank you! How did I not find that… haha ah well.

1 Like

So we know preorders go live Tuesday at 11am Eastern Standard time, whose planning on preordering, where and how?

I don’t frequent Gamestop much but they he a sale on Anthem for $2.00 so I walked in and picked up the game. I asked the rep what the situation for the preorders was looking like, he told me they’ll be open at 11am Tuesday and I should probably get there around 9am if the PS5 debacle is anything to go by.

I was going to try my luck at Target.com, Amazon and Best Buy.com but I realize GameStop is doing a trade in of $200 towards the Xbox Series X if I trade in the Xbox One X. With the way Microsoft’s been with backwards compatibility, I don’t see a ne’er to have the Xbox One.

What’s everyone else doing?