Project Typhoon is officially Contraband, a new game from Avalanche Studios and Xbox Game Studios

Originally published at: Project Typhoon is officially Contraband, a new game from Avalanche Studios and Xbox Game Studios - XboxEra

The long-rumoured Project Typhoon has finally been unveiled: Contraband, the newest colaboration between Avalanche Studios and Xbox Game Studios, is coming to Xbox Series X|S and Windows 10 PCs.

From Avalanche Studios and Xbox Game Studios, a co-op smuggler’s paradise set in the fictional world of 1970s Bayan.

Very little is know about the game, but expect it to join the Game Pass catalogue for console and PC when it launches sometime in the future.

8 Likes

Was just asking about this is the Game Studios OT. Seems like very little info thus far. Does sound like some kind of Drug Cartel type game? Maybe like Ghost Recon Wildlands? I would be in for that.

Yeah disappointing trailer in terms of it didn’t tell us too much apart from broad strokes. I know it was CG but you can still convey the type of game.

2 Likes

i mean the concept is cool, but we got nothing more than that

but 70s soundtrack + co-op heists should be good regardless

1 Like

I wanted more from this. But thinking about this; the amount of co-op games Xbox has now is truly incredible. Hope Avalanche take their time with this. I’m not in a hurry.

1 Like

Vehicle oriented game apparently taking influence from Mad Max so that seems fine.

3 Likes

Vehicle+heist game?

Same, need more to see, but looks interesting.

Didn’t Jez say that we would understand the Typhoon name when we see this game? I don’t get it.

3 Likes

Exactly

https://twitter.com/WCGamingTweets/status/1404185573305290753?s=20

1 Like

Looks like a very fun concept and setting. Look forward to seeing more next year.

1 Like

The Windows Central article is making me excited. Sounds like a lot of fun. It’ll also have a single-player campaign!

3 Likes

Looks like the article could have used a second pass :laughing:

3 Likes

The last sentence is definitely good news for me. Same with Redfall, I was very ehh on seeing what appeared to be more multiplayer live service games that couldn’t be played alone.

5 Likes

Yeah, but remember Sea of thieves can also be played alone but it’s just not fun that way. And it can be really frustrating. Hopefully it won’t be the case here…

4 Likes

Oh yeah you’re right, I’m hoping the same as well. The 70s setting and heist theme are really interesting tho.

2 Likes

Love the heist theme and it’s based in the 70’s. I can’t wait to see more of this game. “ Yeah, you go back, Jack, do it again Wheel turnin’ 'round and 'round You go back, Jack, do it again”!

1 Like

This is Microsoft’s PR for Flight Simulator :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, this could be really cool. While I really wanted to see more, I’m happy we know about this game.

1 Like

Love that music and after their brilliant work on RAGE2 and Madmax have high hopes for this. Wish we had some gameplay mind.