[Poll] What location would you like to see in the next Fallout game?

tbh that sounds like Appalachia in 76, Point Lookout DLC in Fallout 3 and Far Harbor in F4 lol.

What an awesome thread!

For a mainline Fallout they should stay in the US and pretty much all the locations in the OP would be great. However I would prefer something a bit different to what we’ve had so far and say Alaska or Florida for a different vibe. I would not be opposed to an LA-setting either though…

What really got me going here though is London! Fallout U.K would be an incredible spin-off setting with immense possibilities. I now want this more than anything!

Xbox really need to capitalize on the Fallout IP, Bethesda should set up a dedicated studio for the mainline series and others should do spin-offs, remasters and remakes. Fallout is such a great franchise, shame to let it just sit there waiting for the 2030’s…

2 Likes

I voted Seattle, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea of Detroit.

2 Likes

These seem like the 2 sexiest picks out of that list if its US based.

LA just seems too similar to what we have gotten before lol.

2 Likes

Agree. I think some are underselling Michigan’s topography as well. The state is very picturesque. Lots of wilderness and lakes.

After seeing Appalachia give me all those Wilderness, Lakes and what not.

1 Like

Even though I would love to see what happened to China, to be honest, I’m not sure a AAA Fallout in China would work if you want to sell it to an American and Western audience. I think that would be risky at first sight.

That would be interesting because it would mean the Chinese communist society x Fallout and I’m curious what it would look like but I don’t think it will ever happen.

1 Like

100%

The more I think about it the more I want a Fallout: New London. So much potential to create something unique and fresh with a new lore while keeping it Fallout.

I secretly hope that Spencer will announce a Fallout studio at E3 like they did with The Initiative at E3 2018. This franchise is so understaffed compared to Halo, Minecraft or even TES, I’m not asking for yearly releases like Resident Evil or Assassin’s Creed but I don’t want 15 years between mainline releases either :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Somewhere sunny and bright like Miami or Orlando. I get bored of the dark grey brown colour scheme in games these days. They also just remind me of 2006 360 era.

1 Like

I’m here in So Cal, but I voted for London. For me Fallout needs a major shake-up with it’s setting, it’s particular style of a post-apocalyptic landscape has has stopped being that appealing to me. I need an environment that changes the game.

2 Likes

Point Lookout, yeah kinda but 3 has an incredibly dated & sparse visual style so it’s not exactly what I’m picturing.

Far Harbour, I wouldn’t say so. That was really more of a seaside resort kinda vibe.

Haven’t played 76 yet, so I can’t comment there. Looking forward to trying it out though. It’s download, ready & waiting.

I’ll be honest despite my initial thoughts about it being counter to the “Americana” of Fallout, I have come round greatly to the idea.

In terms of setting, a swinging 60’s snapshot of a London, would, I think contrast nicely with more general dilapidation and could encapsulate a “Positive and free” mood that the population stayed with until the bombs fell.

Failing that perhaps a more sombre Victorian tone given the collapse, more akin to The league of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic, in fact leaning heavily into Alan Moore’s mix of fact, fiction and fantasy like that would be in keeping with Fallout and so very British.

London is already architecturally diverse after WW2 so mix that with some newer 21st century buildings and you get an interesting city to explore.
Naturally the Thames Barrier would have been destroyed so massive flooding would have happened or remained (or even happens cyclically in game) so round the Thames would be potentially rooftop living with bridges between. Scavenging would be under radioactive water. You would miss out on mountains, but there are countless wartime bunkers still accessible now, not to mention the closed tube stations with histories, Down Street being closed then used by Churchill and known as “The Barn” and British Museum station is reportedly haunted and has secret tunnels to the museum. The Vaults too underneath Waterloo.

Depending on where you focus you would have The parks, Hampton Court Palace, Kew Gardens and London zoo pretty close too.

It kinda depends which way to take it, I think all the options would be interesting, after all its not like the UK had the same 50’s culture than the USA which the series has used so far. So it could be wildly different.

I’m interested to read the Fallout Bible a little now :smiley:

http://www.duckandcover.cx/index.php?id=5

(Not that I think they are considered “canon” anyway)

2 Likes

Maybe you’re referring to me :wink: I grew up in Michigan and agree that the state is beautiful, but the SE corner where Detroit is one of the most geographically boring corners of it. Basically flat with some inland lakes north of the city, plus the riverfront.

Of course the beaches/coasts, forests, and islands especially of northern Michigan and the upper peninsula are beautiful and IMO some of the most underrated areas in the entire US.

I didn’t mean to imply that Detroit’s relatively simple topography would be a huge deal breaker, just that I think you’d have to take a few more creative liberties to keep the game visually interesting and fun. Playing up the divergence from the real timeline would help… If Detroit had stayed rich another 100 years, you could invent more tall buildings, maybe some giant projects that reshaped parts of the city etc.

3 Likes

Needs to happen. A next-gen apocalyptic London with Fallout aesthetic and unique factions is something I want so bad now. Especially since I remember how much I loved 28 Days Later.

Give me Fallout 5 in New York, the sequel to Fallout: New Vegas in Denver or Los Angeles and Fallout: New London. :weary:

I’m from just south in scenic NW Ohio, lol.

I hope you’re not suffering in Toledo. Even Bowling Green is a better place.

Oooo you nailed it. I’m in BG.

It might be interesting to have an Amusement Park area in a Fallout game, like Cedar Point if they used Detroit. It’s not that far away so could be an expansion region.

1 Like

My wife is from MI, and I love teasing her about how flat a lot of the state is. There’s this one place on 23 where it looks like there’s a hill, but it turned out to be a landfill instead. So I joke that even the hills there are fake… Plus you wouldn’t really need a map due to the road system there :blush:

I’ll be driving through there next week, we’re finally getting to go see her family for the first time in about a year and a half. And then up over the UP to see my sister in WI. Just thinking of Yoopers in Fallout as an expansion area makes me think MI is a good place for it…

1 Like

Aint this what the Nuka Cola expansion is in F4?