[Poll] What is the highest price you would pay for the Series S/X?

Microsoft reaches the following percentage of potential buyers with its pricing for the new consoles:

Xbox Series S - 84 % (74 voters)

Xbox Series X - 95 % (99 voters)

XBOX Series S

• 199 $
  • 249 $
  • 299 $
  • 349 $
  • 399 $
  • less

0 voters

XBOX Series X

• 399 $
  • 449 $
  • 499 $
  • 549 $
  • 599 $
  • more

0 voters

1 Like

If I buy an Xbox, it would be a ā€˜Series Sā€™

Iā€™m not a console gamer and use consoles only for co-op experiences. Things like Jackbox the Party pack, Overcooked, FIFA, etc. are what I play on the couch.

A Series S would be perfect for that. For more story focused and singleplayer focused games I tend to use my PC.

ā‚¬299 seems like a decent price for the S.

1 Like

Probably $599 for the Series X. I have no interest at all in the Series S, so $0

Iā€™m confident in what the Seriex X provides. Iā€™m ok with $599 but do hope for $499. There has been no official info on Series S, so I hesitate to put a limit or dollar amount on it.

However, I game in short spurts when family time and responsibilities allow so I appreciate the fast jump in/jump out of a console over my PC; especially the possibilities of quick resume! So the Series X is my only interest (4k OLED set with 7.2.1 Atmos/THX surround). However, Iā€™m on the fence if Iā€™ll get my kid the S or X.

ā‚¬499 would be a good price for the Series X, high but not too close to ā€œmight as well buy/upgrade a PCā€.

ā‚¬199 or maybe ā‚¬249 for the Series S, if not cheap af what is the point?

1 Like

Im getting a xsx, so no more then Ā£499/$549, but im hoping its Ā£449/$499.

Youā€™re absolutely right. The Series S must be getting pretty cheap. If the rumors are true and the price of the PS5 without drive will be around $399, it will be difficult to sell the Series S at $299. The additional performance of the PS5 in relation to the additional price of $100 is then the much better overall package.

1 Like

Yeah it has to distance itself substantially in price compared to both Series X and PS5 imho.

FTR my vote has to do with Canadian prices being higher due to currency conversion and my financial status. I think higher prices are absolutely fair for these new machines (PS5 included).

Yeah I donā€™t care that much, Iā€™d pay up to $900 for a Series X, paid as much for a PS3 back when it first came out. (Australia)

I wanted next gen to start yesterday. Iā€™m ready for it.

Considering the ā€œgeneralā€ price range the Series X is expected to fall within, Iā€™m good with it.

Whether thatā€™s $499 or $599.

XSS - $300 XSX - $500

More than that and I get pushed closer to upgrading my PC. I expect those to be the prices though.

Didnā€™t vote for Xbox Series S as thatā€™s not the console for me and I wonā€™t be buying it whatsoever.

I voted ā€œmoreā€ for Xbox Series X as I honestly donā€™t have a limit on what im willing to spend. Iā€™m buying both Xbox Series X (primary) and PlayStation 5 (secondary) at launch, several games digitally day one, a few games on disc day one, a 4K LG OLED, a new TV stand, a computer desk, two Gaming Chairs, a new modem and ethernet cables while also increasing my internet speed so yeah, im spending a small fortune just for next gen and launch so an extra $100-$200 isnā€™t going to make any difference for me so im simply all in no matter what. Less than 11 weeks to go!!!

Iā€™ll be paying in CAD so whatever it is. Itā€™ll be pricey.

Series S: I donā€™t know. We donā€™t know anything about the console yet. That said Iā€™m expecting it to be closer in spec to the PS5 and not what the current rumors are. Iā€™ll probably opt for the X anyway.

Series X: Iā€™m probably looking to pay around $499 so if it is $599 I might just have to wait a little longer for my little Xbox fund to catch up or a price drop.

Iā€™m not paying more than $500 for the X. No interest in any other lower model, save a digital only edition.

I need an X to write articles about games for too, so Iā€™ll get it pretty much regardless, but I would ideally not spend more than 500-600 Euros on a single console. Series S is something Iā€™ll only really consider as a secondary device for local co-op and the likes, so I hope I can snag it for less than 300 (if at launch). I donā€™t think Iā€™ll buy one until it hits like 100-150 though, like I snagged an extra S for 99 two years ago.

Uhh, looks like you have to wait a long time and drink a lot of tea. :smiley:

Iā€™ll have a Series X at launch, so no hurry, and for some time chances are most games Iā€™d want to play with my fiancĆ© on two consoles are gonna run on Xbox One X too. That price wonā€™t be reached soon indeed, but a man can dream :slight_smile:

I would not assume that. A Series S that is close to the PS5 does not make much sense to me personally. I rather think that they will try to serve every customer group. On the one hand, the demanding customers who want high-end hardware without having to make any compromises and on the other hand, those who simply want to enter the new generation at the lowest possible price. But I could be wrong and maybe you are right with your estimation.