Poll: what do you think Arkane Austin's game will be ? And what would you like it to be?

Prediction: what will be Arkane Austin’s game ?
  • Prey 2
  • Dishonored 3
  • New IP
  • Another existing IP
0 voters
Wish : what do you want Arkane Austin’s game to be ?
  • Prey 2
  • Dishonored 3
  • New IP
  • Another existing IP
0 voters

Last Arkane Austin’s game was Prey in 2017 (and Prey:Mooncrash in 2018).

If I recall correctly, we have almost zero hint about Arkane Austin’s next game except these:

The currently opened positions in Austin and Lyon range from Engine Programmer and Graphics Engineer to Systems Designer and Lead AI Engineer. While the listings don’t offer much in the way of specifics, a few of them do hint at what Arkane might have in store next. As GameSpot notes, the Server Engineer position is meant for a developer with “extensive experience developing online games.” This particular job posting also mentions potential “live service” troubles, indicating that Arkane could be interested in expanding its horizons with regards to online experiences.

In addition, the aforementioned Graphics Engineer posting asks that applicants be familiar with Unreal Engine 4. It’s especially noteworthy since the first Dishonored entry counts as Arkane’s last Unreal Engine-powered project. ( Dishonored 2 ran on a proprietary engine based on id Tech 5, while CryEngine powered Prey 2017.)

Unclear if this is for Arkane Austin’s game specifically though (as Bethesda studios already helped each other in the past, like when id Software helped on Wolfenstein 2, when Arkane Lyon helped on Wolfenstein Youngblood, id Software co-developped RAGE 2 with Avalanche, Arkane Lyon helping Austin on Prey, etc…)

I think AND hope that it will be Dishonored 3.

Prey didn’t set the world on fire so I’m going to assume it’s a new IP.

This is probably my most anticipated up coming reveal. Very curious to see if they stick with the Immersive Sim genre, which seems to be waning in popularity, or try something more accessible.

There were rumors about a vampire game

Could be a Dishonored 3 with vampire powers.

The outsider is “dead” so no more void powers, so what about blood magic and vampirism?

New characters, new continent, would be crazy good.

1 Like

This is what I want it to be.

Probably a New IP. I want them to make whatever they want to make… but I also wouldn’t say no to Dishonored 3 or Prey 2. Dishonored 3 my preference between the two.

New and New for me, but whatever they want to make tbh

I think it’s a new ip,hope with the love prey is receiving now they can make another prey in the future

Am playing through Dishonored now and will try Prey again after it. Since I haven’t beaten them, I dunno if I’d want more or id I’d prefer a new IP. A new IP probably can’t hurt though either.

I hope its a new Ip from Arkane Austin

I think it’s going to be thier take on Vampire The Masqerade. A successor in all but name. Immersive sim, but it will feature something Arkane havent done before, maybe a conversation system

With all the damn teasing and hyping up of Prey that everyone is doing (including Xbox themselves) I wouldn’t be surprised to see Prey making a comeback.

Should have read the poll options better. I don’t really know what it will be, but I know I want it to be - Shadowrun. Even if it’s a set protagonist in the Shadowrun setting. I really just want to commit corporate espionage on some Dragon CEOs. Plus it also has vampires in it.

Shadowrun in the vein of OG Deus Ex would be pure perfection for me.

3 Likes

Voted new ip both times. I don’t think either Dishonoured or new Prey are in desperate need of sequels.

What I hope for is another single-player immersive sim because it suits Arkane down to the ground & they are so good at it.

1 Like

Oh wow! You got me dreaming. They might be the perfect dev for that IP since Microsoft has all their RPG teams tied up.

4 Likes

The Initiative were the original team I thought could really do the IP justice. Then MS bought Arkane, who proved with Prey they are the perfect team to pull it off. Especially if they take a focused approach to the character’s skillset.

Get some narrative and RPG assistance from Obsidian and I’ll just start throwing money at the screen.

2 Likes

Not if they buy Harebrained Schemes…

Love HBS Shadowrun, more Shadowrun!

4 Likes

After thinking about this last night, I started up a new User created campaign in Hong Kong late last night, and was thinking about Harebrained Schemes with a nice budget and it was getting me hyped.

2 Likes