[Poll] A lot of studios are doing remakes and reimagining. Do you think that XGS and Bethesda should follow the trend ? And what games would you like to see remade?

Hell yes! Remasters &, even better, full on remakes are awesome!

Games age. Badly, most of the time. Graphical advancements & game design improvements make a lot of old classic titles less than enjoyable to revisit. Remakes are awesome because they allow old fans to enjoy the happiness that a game brought them all over again &, at the same time, they introduce new fans to something they may never have experienced otherwise. There is no downside.

Its probably been said, but the downside is that those resources could be used to build something new instead (like a sequel) . Might be a good way to get a new team ramped up though.

2 Likes

I think Xbox can probably afford to fund both new titles & remakes. MS can surely find some spare change for them down the back of the couch cushions.

Also, something being new does not automatically result in it being better, or even good.

Development resources are finite, it often isn’t a question about money. If it was money then we’d already have stuff like Killer Instinct, Banjo, and others .

3 Likes

It’s true that they possibly just don’t want to remake more games. Which is fine. It’s up to them. But MS could easily fund both remakes & new titles, if they wanted to. Of course they could.

Shin megami tensei nine

Lost Odyssey gets my vote, reason being the Fallout and Elder Scrolls IP will be well looked after. We’re long overdue some JRPG exclusive goodness.

There’s a lot of classic jrpgs from the ps2 and ps1 era that could do eith one

Imagine a xenogears remake for xbox. Or Vagrant Story.

There are more than enough external studios to make them, KI and Banjo are particular situations because they are within very specific genres which need special expertise (outside a Banjo remake which would only need time and money for remaking it as new, no particular skillset). It’s clear MS is not so interested in this remake/remaster craze and that’s ok, but some core Xbox properties imo suffer from a scattershot ports availaibility (like Gears for example, also Fable, both locked on 360 for the most part and BC, while exceptional, isn’t always the perfect solution, expecially for people on pc), also remasters and remakes are often “cheap” ways to probe public interest before full fledged sequels. Gears next 4-5 years of hiatus could be well filled by a UE collection imo (without MP, the formula of the old games is too archaic), also Fable, before Playground new game, could benefit greatly if 2 and 3 would be at least put on pc imo (3 already exists, it’s only delisted for mysterious reasons), the series is virtually dead since a decade. It’s clear Xbox is not abandoning those series (more the contrary), so some premium treatment like Halo would help those franchises.

Another one rumored (but according to the person, it’s not a complete new remake but a remaster similarly to the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition)

Wasnt this actually rumored some months ago already?

Not sure, the news and the thread on otherEra are from today. But maybe it was speculated.

yup. Kotaku reported that RDR remaster is in works iirc . It was in the same article in which they said that GTA trilogy remaster is being made .

No, give me new games or full reboots.

1 Like

Personally I’d prefer new games over remakes, but there some exceptions like for an example I’d be down for a remake of the Shadowrun games FASA made back in the day.

InXile showed remaking Wasteland could lead to another game in the series, so if this gets me another Shadowrun, I’m all for it.

Another game that could work for a remake, even though a sequel would be better is Crimson Skies. Asobo showed they can do great firing games, so I’m all for seeing what they’d do with the IP.

A remake of Freelancer would be something special and if it could happen, I’d welcome it.

Now one remake that I’d be all for is Zoo Tycoon. That game is do for a revival and whatever that thing was that came out a few years ago, is Not Zoo Tycoon. It just stole the name and ran with it.

With building management games having a revival, this is one series that I can see being very successful for Microsoft.

Having it on PC GamePass would be great and if Microsoft could bring it out on the Xbox Series X/S that would be great too.

Now as for Bethesda it is leaving money on the table, if a Morrowind and Oblivion remake game don’t come out.

Those will sell easily and help with the wait until the next Elder Scrolls game comes out.

I think over all if a game is to get a remake I’d prefer it to be twenty or so years since that game came out.

2 Likes

I think it would be cool post-Gears 6, once Coalition is fully up and running with Unreal 5, to do an ‘MCC’ style collection of Gears 1-5 in the new engine.

I think remaking the old Elder Scrolls games, while it would be a massive project, would be worthwhile as well.

For the most part, I would rather see new games leveraging old IP rather than remakes – as they are doing with Fable and Perfect Dark.

If MS did ever buy Sega, though, there are a tonne of games that would be deserving of remakes, Panzer Dragoon Saga at the top of the list.

2 Likes

Yes and Morrowind just like everyone else, it’s nice when polls go your way

1 Like

I think I’d rather have new IP or the revival of certain franchises rather than remakes.

I prefer the idea of a new Fable, Perfect Dark or Quake instead of teams spending time, money and resources on remaking old games.

3 Likes

All games are playable on the Xbox One onwards there is no reason for this other than FPS Boosting Gears UE.

1 Like

it also presumes people actually wanna play Gears multiplayer

:running_woman: :dash:

1 Like